HybridZ

Fuse Block/Wiring Suggestions?

DuoWing

I'm trying to collect up and everything for my MS setup. The only thing I'm really trying to figure out is what's the best way for going about adding wiring and fusing for my setup. I've converted my fusible links over to Maxifuses, I also added two more. So I have 6 total maxifuse spots. They are run off a 6 gauge wire that then runs down to the starter terminal. 4 for the original 280Z fusible links, The 2 other power my EFI/ECCS setup. The one is a dedicated relay/line for just the fuel pump. So I have the last one I can relay for the main MS relay, and fuse block. I'm trying to find a good fuse block and I'm not really sure how many fuses I can run if I go with a 10 gauge wire. I was thinking of doing an 8 gauge wire, but even that is proving hard to find as well as I don't have any way to crimp anything to an 8 gauge. Just looking for some suggestions on what's a good way to go about doing this. Ideally I'd like to run 6 fuse spots so I can at least have two extra fuses should I need to add anything in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Search for blue sea systems products. They make marine fuse blocks. I have their safety hub 150 block is unbeatable as far as quality goes and it has room for 4 MIDI fuses and 6 ATO fuses. I have had several of those cheap maxi blocks fail on me and leave me stranded.

Yeah, I kept getting stranded because mine was not putting any pressure on the fuses so most of them were sort of just flopping in the holder. The one for the alternator kept jumping the space and eventually melted together with the block D:.

The blue sea blocks use 8mm stainless studs and nuts so that can never happen.