HybridZ

Mikellys 403 Stroker LS3 build...

Yup... 403 stroker LS3 has been ordered. It will still require the tins and induction, as well as the rest of my drysump, but it should scoot. The dynosheet shows a wonderfully flat torque curve and 553 ft# torque. 575 HP and 102# less weight on the chassis should be wondeful.

Expect the powerplant to be delivered within the next two weeks. Its got a Callies Compstar crank and rods, SRP pisonts, a bullet cam, L92 Ported heads, and ARP hardware.

Cant wait to get it in and start the process... I will be using the FAST XFi, the 1 3/4 long tubes I got from Keith, most likely the NickWilliams 92mm tbody and the ARE drysump pan I picked up from Marc Icard!

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

When you get it put together, it would be really nice if you published your ball-park expenditures. I've been thinking that if my current motor ever tanks, I would just get one of the crate LS427 or LS454 motors. They are expensive, but there is no substitute for cubic inches. My wife is often more open to one big ticket as opposed to my usual M.O. of nickel and diming her to death.

Well I will start now... Shipped price of the long block minus "tins" is $5950. Thats the Callies Forged Compstar crank and rods, SRP forged pistons and rings, installed in an LS3 aluminum block with ARP hardware, L92 heads hand ported, Bullet custom cam, top line valvetrain parts, assembled and ready to go.

I have $500 in the ARE drysump pan, the headers I bought from Keith for $1200 and that is it so far.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

• 3 weeks later...

Latest parts list costs...

New valley cover/bolts/gasket from GM - $158 shipped

New waterpump, bolts, gaskets, and tstat - $128 shipped

New timing chain cover, all gaskets and seal, cam sensor, and bolts - $165 shipped

New MSD coils and brackets -$680

New XIM interface and wiring for FAST XFi - $610

New 48# injectors - $440

Set of powder coated valve covers and hardware -$120

• 4 weeks later...