HybridZ

race fuel flow? (enduro planning)

duragg

I have been poked into running an Enduro next weekend and have LOTS of new considerations. Fuel flow being #1 and I never paid any attention before.

Dumped tank and calibrated gauge in 1 gallon increments, great.

But what should I wag for consumption figuring 7/10 to 9/10 driving?

L28, triple DCOE 45s with 40 chokes at Sea Level.

Wheel dyno hp in the 210 to 230 range.

Any of you smart people have a WAG / HOUR?

5?

7?

10?

7 to 10 gph depending on state of tune.  You will NOT be driving at 7/10s unless you want to get black flagged.

LOL, yeah!

LeMons up north was running the standard tank to a fuel pickup problem every two hours, and we never put more than 12 gallons back in it. That was with a bone stock L28 and four speed, so 6GPH. That seems to jibe with what most of the other guys were getting as well running Z's at later events.

The next year we added a cam/3.9 gear and had considerably more power consumption went to 7.5 / HR... 

At the time I had calculated laps - distance to MPG, thinking it was somewhere in the 4.5 to 5 MPG Range if my recollection serves me properly.

In enduros, a BIG fuel cell can be a friend indeed. An 18 gallon cell that could actually USE all 18 gallons would let us run 6 hours on ONE stop. Having a useable capacity of only 12 gallons made us stop TWICE. As I recall we lost 15 laps per fuel stop/driver change.