HybridZ

Is this running properly?

9/73-E31-260z

This is my 260z running right after I put a new fuel pump in it. It is an L24 with an E31 head, stock as far as I know. The idle was set pretty low when I filmed this and also the rear muffler was cut out so that affects the sound somewhat. Just wondering what you guys think in terms of if it just needs a tune, or timing, ot if it sounds like it's down a cylinder or something.

The idle speed was a bit low, but that did not concern me.  It sounds like a dead cylinder on accel, at idle sounds like a lumpy cam.  Was the car fully warmed up?  How did it run before the new fuel pump?  Is the carb heat plumbing working? 

If it was warm during the video, I would do the following:

1. Check for vacuum leaks.

2. Pull the plugs and read them.

3. While you have them out do a compression test. 

4. Set the timing.

5. Adjust the carbs.

Edit:

6. Set the valve lash (Xnke actually beat me to it, 2 posts below).  This really should be #1 on my list. 

Edited by rejracer

It was fairly warm, and vacuum seemed alright but I'll try and do some definitive tests when I can (it's been at a local shop to have the wiring done... I dropped it off almost a month ago -_-). I'm going to relace the plugs and wires since both are fairly old from it sitting for the majority of 4 years. I'm also going to put a 280zx distributor in that I got with the car (D6K8-02) I still have to double check which igniter module it had, but I'm pretty sure it has the good 'matchbox' one, so I will do the timing then anyways. Hopefully it's just a little timing and an old plug and I'll be good haha