HybridZ

Shintaro Mizuno's olive green car

1vicissitude

So I am quite sure this car goes without introduction to many of you zed heads, but I am curious if anyone has the details of this build saved anywhere?

I have been to their website, but sadly the car has been turned into a totally over the top boso car. http://mizuno-works.com/

I am mostly curious about some of the body parts used on the build. The rear spoiler looks kind of like the Marugen Shoukai or IMSA 3pc, but it appears to be at a more of a laid back angle. I have seen this now on two cars, the other black with corvette lights. I think the spoiler further laid back looks worlds nicer than either of the ones I previously mentioned. 

Next, the flares. They look styled after the ZG flair, but are much better shaped and the front doesn't look disproportionate like the traditional ZG flare does. I dislike how traditional front ZQ flares are so shallow they always have fender gap, and how at the top of the arch in the wheel well it just looks unshapely. While these on the green car are not perfect, the arch seems slanted towards the front of the well, they look much better in my opinion. 

Lastly, the lip for the Gnose. I have seen a few JDM cars with beautiful lips on the bottom of the Gnose, but I have no idea who makes any of them. I strongly dislike the IMSA style lip, even though I have seen them cut up to be slightly less offensive. They just ruin the clean understated beauty that the Gnose posses. I have seen a few smaller simpler lips for the Gnose that help to lessen the Gnose's overbite, like the one on this green car, but have never seen them for sale or know who makes them.

So basically, are these one off pieces, discontinued, or are they just made by small obscure JDM shops that are hard for us in the U.S. to track down? I have been checking places like RHDjapan and yahoo.jp auctions, but I have yet to find anything that matchs these profiles.

I am hoping those of you who are well versed in the JDM s30z scene can help shed some light on this for me.  :cheers:

sstp_1009_10_o+nissan_s30_z+right_view.j

I know what car you speak of but I haven't seen it for a few years now since traveling a lot. There's a lot of JDM shops that sells the body parts but the fitment is stupid ridiculous depending who made copies of the copy lol. Depending on how much you want to spend on the right part. You can get a $700 5 piece gnose that would fit dam shitty with a lot of work to make it all line up or spend 3K on an OEM like fitment.

The Works overfenders are nice just depending on which shop you get it from.

Theres a few style 240zg chin spoiler. Depending on which style you like. Some goes past the chin by a little (seems funky to me) to where it'll line up to the front Works overfenders.

Shipping a kit like this is already like shipping a whole engine, trust me I know cause I've done it a several times. how 95% of 240z owners are cheap when playing with JDM parts.

You can piece a kit like that picture together from low end of $2500 to high $6000+

All it comes down to, are you the 95%? If so, just keep admiring it. If not get ready to spend!

Hope that helps

Hrmmm, that is what I was afraid of haha.

Although i found a picture olf the car at a different angle and I am not to sure I actually like the kit all that much. From the side it just looks like an aggressive 240zg styled car, from the front it looks very heavily boso styled,  which I am personally not a fan of. I guess this side picture was just deceiving.  :icon55: