HybridZ

Where to buy Rb26DETT

surfdude979

I'm a first time Z owner, just bought it a week ago and I've got some big plans for her, much like a few people I've read about in this forum.  I'm planing on dropping an RB26 motor but I'm having trouble locating one to buy from a reputable engine importer does anyone have any suggestions on good place to get one?

'73 240z

Most of the engine sellers out there are based out of Canada; to sell to American customers for a reason. You can't do squat if you don't like it. Buyer beware when buying out of country. I bought an RB25DET from someone else that still had it palletized, etc. It was great; looked like about 40k miles or less. If you buy one directly "off the boat" be prepared to end up putting new internals in it potentially.

Edited by WizardBlack

I wouldn't buy a JDM motor unless I was able to look at it in person. I waited until a JDM shop in Texas receive on from Japan then I drove 4 hours to see the compression check for myself and bring it back home. I've bought two JDM motors, one for my Z32 and the RB26 my 280 with no problems.

I hand picked my rb25 from jdm engine zone in clifton nj, good set of guys. They dropped it off right to my shop free of charge. Typical warranty everyone else usually has but they do stand by it. Not that i needed it, my engine had perfect compression and the whole thing looked like it could have come from the show room floor. Hell even the exhaust bolts didn't have any rust on them.

• 4 weeks later...

Second that with the online sellers.  They all charge the going rate for motors, but never tell you about little things that are broken on it.  And don't cover them in the slightest either.  Or things that get damaged in shipping from them to you, caused by their incompetent packing.  Would definitely never buy one internationally.