HybridZ

AAARRGH clutch shopping, need suggestions

str8pipez

Stock replacement exedy clutch for the Turbo ZX, or if your flywheel bolt pattern won't handle that, then call South Bend clutch and get a 350Z pressure plate and a stock clutch disk.

I'm keeping the 225mm flywheel as I bought it before I had the wise idea to add a turbo...

I like my ACT.  Its Summit Racing Part Number: ACL-NX2-HDSS.  Holds the power and anything I throw at it for now.  I would seriously research that flywheel and if you can run a 240mm clutch with it I'd go that route.  I'm not sure how much you gain surface area wise but if you have a little to gain why not right?

I am currently running a Spec 3+ with a fidanza flywheel on an L28; my car makes a little under 400 whp, and equal torque. Don't expect the clutch to drive like a honda, but its definitely manageable on the street. I also have no problem daily driving an evo9 with a dual disc clutch through traffic, so use that as a reference for driveabilty comment.

There is nothing more frustrating then being on a dyno/street and your clutch slips. The Spec is a little pricey up front, but gives you room to grow. So, if you don't plan on doing much more than NA turbo, you may look at something else, but we all know how that story goes. I plan on using E85 and being in the mid 400's and fully expect this clutch to hold. I only drive the Z to abuse it, and the clutch has taken everything I have given it. 

I still have a brand new Spec 3+ clutch I never installed sitting on a shelf in my garage. I was building a 3 liter L-engine, but swapped it for a Chevy 327 and installed that instead. I had the fidanza flywheel too, but I already sold that. If your interested PM me.

Thanks,

Rob