HybridZ

How much for this '83 280ZX Turbo?

So I own a '78 280Z and have been reading up on the P90 head/F42 block combination. Been considering budgeting for turbo motor and getting a streetable 200hp N/A build. I put a wanted ad out on CL and another Datsun enthusiast showed me his '83 ZX turbo parts car for sale.

The car was originally a Georgia car, the owner bought it when he was visiting family and attempted driving it back, but the body had enough rot that there was wheel rub. So, this is strictly a parts car. The motor only has 70k miles and apparently ran when put away. He's asking $1500 since that's what he bought it for, but I don't think it's worth THAT much. Help me figure out what the car's really worth so I can justify a lower offer.

-5 speed manual, '83 turbo motor, aftermarket intercooler (useless to me), 70k miles.

-R200 diff, but I believe it's the same as my '78 5 speed? The half shafts were removed, too.

-no hood/grill, body is rotten beyond rescue, no key, title in hand.

7tSHKB2.jpgwwQcrBm.jpg2Jkh64z.jpg25872SC.jpg6CQMnrh.jpg

Also, would there be any other parts that can be interchanged from the ZX to my 280Z? Rear disc brakes, diff, brake booster, sway bars, etc. Anything to help bring a little more performance out of my 280Z.

(as a side note, I found a somewhat clean 280ZX turbo out of state, owner wants $2500 and I could drive it home! I can post pictures if anyone's interested).

Thanks guys. I'll need to come down on the price since all the labor involved in parting it out won't be worth it to me. I'm only interested in the motor/tranny.

BluDestiny, what were the fast selling items you made the most money on?

Here's the other '83 ZXT for $2500 I was talking about:

These pictures were taken late fall before I put the car away for the winter. I have a few drivers cars, don't drive the 'classics' in the off season. The 1983 is a solid car, with the only real rust repair required in both the driver and passenger front lower fender quarters. The frame ,rockers, rear fenders etc. are great, with thin paint and a few spots of missing paint but no dents. A little decay on the battery tray. Sugar scoops etc good. Hood not rotted but a very amateur rattlecan spray job, but no rust or bondo. The car starts, runs, spools up fine. Has a brand new chrome oil cover. Heater core shot. Talking lady works, no rot at all around the T tops. Has rear louvers, interior not ripped up but a little worn. Instruments, lights all work but there is a short that intermittently lights up some warning lights,but it still runs great. Doesn't seem to burn any oil,fun to drive with tops off. Have the bags and a few other parts. I just have too many projects, this one is going to go on Craigslist as soon as the weather breaks. It is registered and can be driven away without any issues. The pictures make the car and paint look better than it is, again the paint is pretty thin. My price is firm, I will just keep it on CL until it sells. Let me know if you are interested, I can find a few more pictures if you are interested, thanks.

post-36380-0-25166800-1393951650_thumb.jpegpost-36380-0-26285000-1393951658_thumb.jpegpost-36380-0-59629000-1393951670_thumb.jpegpost-36380-0-95039200-1393951678_thumb.jpegpost-36380-0-15375400-1393951687_thumb.jpegpost-36380-0-79978700-1393951694_thumb.jpeg

Obviously out of price and condition range for a parts car :(