HybridZ

Koyo radiator install.

Hey All,

Been lurking this forum for a spell, and figure this next bit of info might do you all some good.
I own a 1975 280Z and also a 1998 Toyota Tacoma of the type powered by a 2RZ-FE engine.
I decided my Z needed a radiator (and an electric fan from Flex-A-Lite for good measure, never been a fan of the clutch fans) so I bought a Koyo radiator. Nice bit of kit there...
I knew all along that I'd have to fiddle with the radiator hoses as the OEM 1975 280Z hoses were not suitable for the new radiator's inlet/outlet.
The upper hose was simple enough as all that was required there was a simple 90° bend in the hose.
The lower hose would be a bit of a different approach...
Turns out the upper radiator hose for the truck (Part number 71799 / C71799 at Advance Auto) is a direct drop-in fit for the 280Z (the others 240Z & 260Z also I suppose) lower radiator hose when using the Koyo radiator. It also clears the alternator completely.

How about them apples?!?!

Hope this tidbit may help others down the road.

• Like 1

Precisely m1ghtymaxXx, that is the exact radiator I'm using.

I enjoy using the "pics or it didn't happen" line as well...tho I tend to keep it reserved for when the female of the species claims they are wearing a coordinated outfit. Preferably with the word "lace" also involved in some way.

My engine bay is embarrassingly fugly at the moment...and my paws coated in viscous hydrocarbon stains. I dare not touch a camera until both conditions are satisfactorily rectified.