HybridZ

Help with Distributor (NA on turbo build)

Specs:

83 ZX with L28E F54/P79 Flat Top Pistons

Port and Polished Head
444cc Injectors,
MS2
Walbro255
Aeromotive FPR
Intercooled
AEM Wideband

Dont think you need to know most of that but... yeah...

Current Issue:

I am using the factory NA distributor for now (until I do a COP set up). 
I have been searching all morning for how to delete the advances on the Distributor. I am looking for a specific thread or how to so I don't ruin this thing. Anyone with pictures, advice or a link to a how to, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Ryan

When you say "ruin" do you mean you want to be able to convert it back to working mechanisms in the future, or you just want to lock the advance mechanisms permanently and use it that way forever?

I do not plan to convert it back. By ruin, I mean weld the wrong part or just generally screw something up so it doesn't work for my turbo build.

You take the N/A distributor apart until you get to where the centrifical advance slots are. There is one on each side of the dist plate. You can weld the advance slots closed, fill the slots with JB Weld or even fill the slots with a good Silicone Sealant. I used a nissan silicone sealant and let it set up for 2 days, before putting the dist back together. You just want to make sure the centrifical advance can't move.

Put the dist back together and your good to go. I used an N/A dist in my Flat Top Piston turbo engine, for 3 years before adding Ms2 and a turbo dist.

You can find  pics of an N/A dist on line or in the haynes or factory manuals. It'd easier to do this mod then adding MS to your car. Enjoy

As said you simply want to keep the centrifugal advance from being able to do its job, so once you remove the plate under the dizzy cap that the vac advance attaches to, it should become pretty clear what you have to weld up. I prefer welding to other techniques. :)