HybridZ

Anyone Daily Driver a V8 Z car ?

I remember that night, that was a friend of mine who owns that Talon, it runs 9.20's in the 1/4. I diidn't have the bottle on the new LS set up so he got me, now that I am hitting it with a little shot of juice I want a rematch...lol

This is my personal opinion but you won just by driving your car out that night. 3 hours of sitting in "the dump" parking lot isn't very fun tho and that's usually what keeps me from coming out. Man 7 years ago we could sit at everman parkway until the sun came up and no one would bother us what happened ): smh..  

Using 225/50-16 Dunlop Direzzas and they hold in every gear except 1st. Then my LS1 is a bone stock '98 vintage.

Living in a small town the word is pretty much out on my car and most everyone leaves me alone. Exception was a Porsche 911 GT2 club racer a couple years ago. I didn't know we were racing until he jumped. By the time I got the car settled in he had me by 6 lengths. A 1/4 mile later we're into triple digits and my front bumper is even with his rear bumper and gaining. Bridge coming so I shut down. Never saw him again. Had a lot more fun with the car when I lived in the DFW area because it was new and no one knew it for the first couple years. Frustrated a lot of 'vette and F-body drivers. :-)

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

I run a 255/60-15 Mickey Thompson drag radial, they work great!  I raced that Talon before with my old carbed 385 stroker on a 175 shot and drug him pretty good (Diplomacy) in Grand Prarie, so I guess we are even now that I think about it. 

Well the next time I make it out I'll come up and introduce myself in person.. If my car wasn't a standard I could slap the bottle on it and come play at slow car cash days but with the 6 speed and IRS I don't stand a chance. 

I have some hand me down g35 wheels with bald 245/45-17 on the car now. On the rear inside I don't have much clearance to my coilovers. On the outside I can fit a finger in between the tire and lip. So a custom wider wheel with the width added to the outside and a 255 would fit with no rolling. Someone squeezed a 265 on back of theirs with custom wheels and rolling the fender. i have-1.2 camber on the back.

I got a bit creative and used a baseball bat on my rear fenders. Wrapped a towel around the handle, inserted the handle end up on top of my rear tire and then, using the ire as the pivot point, pullled up on the fat end of the bat. I worked my way carefully across the top of the fender opening moving about an inch at a time. It rolled the inner lip up a bit and also stretched the fender out minutely. No paint damage which was the goal because the car had fresh paint at the time. I still get a little contact on really hard bumps on the passenger side if I have a passenger in the car. If it's just me, no issues. This was done when I had the stock suspension. If I'd had coil overs at the time I'd have gone with an 8" wide wheel with about a +10 offset.