HybridZ

Uh oh...I think I'm coming down with Z Fever again...

RPMS

Two years ago I moved to Atlanta and had to sell my V8 260. It was my fifth S30, and I almost cried when the new owner drove it away.

For a daily driver, I'm in a twin turbo 3-series BMW. 300 HP, 26mpg, 6-speed... On the surface, it's nearly everything an enthusiast would want in a daily driver. So why am I spending so much time looking longingly at BRZ's and used Boxsters? There's just something about the BMW that is the polar opposite of the Z. Driving the BMW is a smart thing. Driving an S30 is an act of passion.

Sadly, I find myself hoping that someone rear-ends me in this horrible Atlanta traffic so I can justify getting another z.

I don't suppose there's any cure for this affliction, is there?

Hahaha, why anyone would spend $18k to do this to a Z and produce 230ish RWHP boggles the mind  :huh: especially when with that kind of money Dave Rebello could build you a 3.2 that would trounce it (or you could take your pick of V8 conversions).  Oh well, to each their own, after all, on HybridZ there is no "best way"  :)

I don't suppose there's any cure for this affliction, is there?

RPMS, you know deep down what you must do (no, not cause an accident...).

Hahaha, why anyone would spend $18k to do this to a Z and produce 230ish RWHP boggles the mind  :huh: especially when with that kind of money Dave Rebello could build you a 3.2 that would trounce it (or you could take your pick of V8 conversions).  Oh well, to each their own, after all, on HybridZ there is no "best way"  :)

I've seen this car in person and really liked it.  The swap was done very well and the power is respectable for a street-driven Z.  Bringing up what other things he could have done is pointless.

"I've seen this car in person and really liked it.  The swap was done very well and the power is respectable for a street-driven Z.  Bringing up what other things he could have done is pointless."

Agreed. This is my dream swap that I will eventually accomplish. I love the idea of a bmw straight 6 from an e46 in a Z. The respectable power, reliability, comfort/smoothness of a modern straight six in a daily driver. best way to modernize a Z IMO.

Anyways, stop talking about it man and just do it. You already know youre not going to have any regrets about it, so youre just wasting time at this point!

Edited by stravi757