HybridZ

EXHAUST TIME: light at the end of my LS1 swap tunnel

So i think i've decided on a single 3.5 to the

vibrant 3.5in/out resonator

http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-17970-Stainless-Steel-Resonator/dp/B0038HRNZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421381462&sr=8-1&keywords=17970+vibrant

to dynomax 3.5 muffler

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029J38Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and whatever folded tip i can get from the muffler shop. I'm hoping 3.5 will fit well under the s30 though....

Hopefully that'll sound right. I like the sound of the dynomax.

Drone is almost inevitable with a dual system and no mufflers. However the note you get is just awesome. I have a true dual 3" system with an Xpipe and bullets at the very end (tips welded on the bullets) 3.5" would be tough to fit but it's possible. Your biggest issue will be wrapping it under the diff.

hey zguy, that might be what I will end up with. Your set up, except I want to use a dynomax xmuffler to help with drone. What you think? And instead of bullets, going to use the welded rounds. 

Drone is almost inevitable with a dual system and no mufflers. However the note you get is just awesome. I have a true dual 3" system with an Xpipe and bullets at the very end (tips welded on the bullets) 3.5" would be tough to fit but it's possible. Your biggest issue will be wrapping it under the diff.

Sounds and looks good man, now I know where to go when I need my exhaust done...lol

hey zguy, that might be what I will end up with. Your set up, except I want to use a dynomax xmuffler to help with drone. What you think? And instead of bullets, going to use the welded rounds.

Not sure about either one of those muffler unfortunately. I can tell you though, any of the straight through mufflers are going to be very loud. Also they will sound really good. I think your best bet is true dual into an X and route it like mine. Take your measurements with the new fuel tank in there and see which mufflers you can fit.

I'm running dual 2.5" exhausts through an X pipe but after the axle they both roll to the driver side where they exit though a single Magnaflow muffler that has dual 2.5" inlets and a single outlet.  The car has a good sound at idle, does not drone, but really lets you know it's there when I open it up.  There is a video in the Miscellaneous tech forum about ZLED lights with the engine running at idle.  I thought a lot about running a Y pipe with a single exhaust but ground clearance became too much of an issue.  You'll need to have at least a 3.5" single pipe to flow air the same as dual 2.5".

Edited by Phantom