Jump to content
HybridZ
nismo kid

My Turbo LSX Z31 Builld

Recommended Posts

Well the time has come for another update on my build. It's a small update but an update none the less. The 1st item on the list was buttoning up my manual rack. By installing new grease fittings, tie rods, & boots.These are grease fitting sizes were used M12x1.0mm, M14x1.5mm, & M16x1.5mm.




Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-63218300-1476207956_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-67099200-1476207961_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-22460200-1476207967_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-60661100-1476207972_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-19142100-1476207978_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-88543100-1476207983_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-54664300-1476207990_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-48865500-1476207997_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-44307000-1476208006_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tired of seeing & smelling the interior of this car so I tore it all out. And yes that is house carpet smh......lol. Check out that 14+ year old unopened 1 liter pepsi. Well it expired over 14 years ago. Found it under the driver side seat. Needless to say it went to the trash immediately. The last 2 pics are of the pile that went to the trash.




Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-68877800-1476208067_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-46078800-1476208073_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-05960000-1476208080_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-71160400-1476208082_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-95161500-1476208088_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-51922700-1476208095_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-22404200-1476208104_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-42965700-1476208112_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-35926500-1476208117_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-50209700-1476208135_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-24450500-1476208140_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-83251200-1476208143_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-57492000-1476208148_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-06453100-1476208155_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-54333800-1476208158_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-64538000-1476208182_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-50178300-1476208184_thumb.jp
  • post-1999-0-54378900-1476208187_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-30659200-1476208189_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-52019700-1476208192_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-73380300-1476208195_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-54180800-1476208198_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-34342000-1476208205_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-40262300-1476208207_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-42902900-1476208210_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-09823200-1476208212_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-11063500-1476208214_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I might as remove all unwanted wires from each of the factory wiring harnesses. Each terminated wire was properly depinned from the connector. Armed with the Z31 FSM I identified & labelled all connectors. The label maker I used is the Dymo Rhino 5200. It's hands down the best label maker I've ever used/owned. 

Chassis Harness

Before

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-54183600-1476208442_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-06424600-1476208448_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity I weighed the all terminated wires. It weighed in at 10.4 Lbs exactly. To be honest it wasn't worth the 60+hrs I spent terminating, labelling, & reworking the harnesses. I also replaced all factory loom & re-wrapped all the harness with fire resistant electrical tape. I could've done it faster but even if it only took 30 Hrs, it would still be too much in my opinion. 




Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-95666600-1476208705_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-21296700-1476208711_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed like the perfect time to remove majority of the sound deadening. Considering everything inside the cabin removed. I've removed my fair share of sound deadening out of several different vehicles over the years. I've found dry ice to be the fastest, easiest, & cleanest. The dry ice method leaves minimal amount of residue. The only downside is dry ice is kinda pricey. But well worth it in my opinion. I also like to use maximum strength Goo Gone to remove all left over residue. It literally wipes off after letting it soak 5 minutes. Here's some pics of sound deadening removal process.
 

Before

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-57862500-1476208900_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-14463800-1476208908_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-62625800-1476208919_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-00986600-1476208924_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speedo cable leaked terribly. It heavily saturated the firewall sound deadening. Just the firewall sound deadening I removed weighed in at 18.1 Lbs! I was shocked to say the least. 


Here's some pics of the gear oil that was leaked everywhere.




Attached Thumbnails
  • post-1999-0-49936900-1476209096_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-91577500-1476209099_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-20738100-1476209103_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-70782600-1476209356_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-53143100-1476209359_thumb.jp
  •  
  • post-1999-0-85263900-1476209363_thumb.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...