HybridZ

How do I clean out my intercooler? Mice got in there

dpuma8

I have had my intercooler on a shelf in my garage for a few years now and last night I pulled it out to look at it.  It appears that small mice have been in the tank and pooped in there.  How do I clean this and can I get it hot tanked to clean everything?

Self Serve Pressure Wash, soapy cycle and rinse cycle, for $1.25 you're finished.

To paraphrase that scene out of "Christine":

"I understand some mice, uh... defecated in your intercooler?"

"Yeah, well, sh*t washes out!"

:D

Rat/Mice Urine is persistent but nothing a bit of soapy hot water won't remove. Their urine may be persistent, but hot soapy water under pressure takes it right off!

Shake it out while still dry (in both directions...) if they were in one end, all the...uh...'contaminants' will be on THAT end  tank, put it down and shake it out that way. Then use the flushy hot soapy water from the OTHER END to push it all to that end tank. Rats/Mice don't move their leavings into the tubes, nor do they back up to the tubes and aim to put them in the tubes... they just drop. A flush with a pressure washer from the opposite side will clean out that, and then flushing the other way will get pressure onto any urine directly and take it right off and  out the other side. You will probably be done in 30 seconds and  have 4:30 of that car wash time left to overdo it... switch over to flushing water or flush it at home with clear water and a garden hose if you  want to make  sure it's got the whole 5 minutes of soapy hot water. Just don't get stupid and  close with the high pressure spray at an angle to any fins, which will likely get folded over by oblique angled high pressure sprays.

As a King Hoarder, I am expert in removing mice/rat leavings. Also at how to kill them when they enter into my hoarding zone. Much of that is instinct being half German Descent, I tend to use vehicle  emissions and a hose routed to the storage areas for regular 'pest control'....