HybridZ

ac delco plugs suck

ok took some advice and got colder plugs but i had to get them in ac delco again cuz it's all i could find.No one had ngk's so i put these in and the thing ran like it did before hesitating and crap.So i took them out right away and put the ngk's back in and it ran great cuss.gif I just have to find some 8's or 7's in ngk so i can not be scared to run it.

it`s not that AC plugs suck,it just depends what motor they are going in.

GM...AC

crys/dodge...Champions

ford....autolite/motorcraft (same thing)

imports...NGK

ive tried different make plugs and have found the make the factory uses is the best.

keep in mind this is what ive found for performance motors...for instance Autolite plugs won`t last a day in my big block nova but will last a long time in my STOCK 72 240z automatic

and they both take the same plug.......mark

Use Bosch twin electrode plugs for a 98 bmw M3/

that is what I use, they work great and are easy to index. I am using the platinum ones right now and was having no issue's up to 22 psi with a stock 300ZX coil.

Remember the Nissan FI is made by Bosch.

Autolite, Denso, or NGK are all I will run except maybe in a lawn mower. I'll never run a set of Bosch platinum plugs again. Three of the set of 8 in my '84 Corvette grounded themselves out when the platinum center electrode slipped out of the insulator and stopped when it hit the ground strap! If it had been a multi electrode or zero gap plug, that piece of platinum wire would have been loose in the combustion chamber for who knows what kind of damage. Denso is the best bang for the buck IMO, the Autolites for American cars, and it's just hard to go wrong with NGK's even if you have to order them.

After upping the compression in my L28 I put a set of Bosch platinums in it.....ran for about 5 minutes before fouling..

So, tried some Bosch Supers....lasted long enough to get to the muffler shop to put the exhaust on and barely get back home...

Put a set of cold NGK's in it and its been running great ever since.. :D

Guest comeandzpa

So, is the general consensis that NGKs are the way too go? I have been considering a spark plug upgrade, but didnt know what to try. Do they really give you enough of a power boost to make a difference? Also, what about spark plug wires? I know that a lot of ricers use these, and I am confused as to whether these are for show or if they actually increase performance?

Guest Anonymous

I've used autolites for a good number of years and like them quite alot myself. Champions used to foul in the bikes I ran, so I would run NGK's in those and they were fine too. In the chevy's I've had, I always used the (blasphemy) autolite plugs and never have had a plug related problem.

Regards,

Lone