HybridZ

Finland - highly skilled designer/fabricator of Z project

jhaag

I will be in Helsinki while my wife is at a conference there Sept. 22, 23 and 24, 2017. There was guy (he might have been an engineer) who was an amazing craftsman who was making substantial modifications to his Z. I searched the members forum and none of the names of the members from Finland jumped out at me. I am not sure where he was located in Finland but I thought it was worth asking in this forum. Do any of the members from Finland or any of the long-term Hybrid Z members remember this person? I would love to see his project and talk to him if he is anywhere near Helsinki. 

Thanks!

John Haag

If you search the forums for "Finland" a few names come up.  It doesn't work in the Members section, for some reason, but it does for Forums

I'm going to guess it's this guy though - http://forums.hybridz.org/user/32042-boben/

You have to choose the area you want to search, in the drop-down by the Search box.  Doesn't look like I can link my search term., it's probably in a Cookie.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Here's a picture - 

post-8864-0-13374700-1499126654_thumb.png

Check this fella out. He stopped posting here for some reason, but there is great info left by him if you search posts under his screen name...

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/41372-1971-datsun-240z-restoproject-vidspics/?fromsearch=1

I think he ran out of money. He popped back up a few years ago after a long silence, but nothing since then. Wrong country anyway.

Thanks for the several quick responses!

I know of the amazing posts by Mull and followed his build when he was posting frequently but he is not the person. 

I looked at previous posts by Boben and am very impressed by his build but I don't think he is the person. 

I think the person I am looking for was in Finland but I am not 100% sure. I remember his garage was situated below his house and I saw several posts where he had to winch the car up an incline to get some good outdoor photos. He was changing the entire profile of the car and recall that he chopped the top. 

John 

How about some details of the car.  240Z, 260, 280?  Engine?  You provided "chopped top" but there must be more.  Color?  How and when did you get the information that you have?  From Hybridz?

Sorry, it's probably clear in your mind but you haven't really given many clues.  Good luck.

Good questions and I am sorry I can't give better clues. What I listed are about all the details I remember. I know it wasn't newer than 78 but I don't recall more than that about the year/model. I don't even recall the engine. What amazed me was the immensity or scope of his redesign of the car. It was so far beyond anything I could do that I always was intrigued by his build. He wasn't a 'pie-in-the-sky' dreamer but rather very serious and meticulous. I know I wondered if he would ever get it on the road, given how much he was changing. 

Thanks again.

John

I know it wasn't newer than 78

I thought you were talking about the year of car.  1978 was the last year of the Z.  Maybe you were talking about the year of your memory.  That's a long time ago.

I thought you were talking about the year of car.  1978 was the last year of the Z.  Maybe you were talking about the year of your memory.  That's a long time ago.

He was talking about the year of the car. And he is saying that it isn't newer than 78 ;) ie, not a ZX.

Edited by rturbo 930