HybridZ

rb26DETT dyno numbers!!!!

stony

Ok folks i finally gave up on tuning by the seat of the pants and went to a dyno (only one in alaska) to tune the 680cc injectors.

base run produced 343HP on my tuning which i might add would have a headache after driving twak.gif

had a consistent 10.0-10.5 AF ratio!!!!!

last run after getting timing and af ratio right at 12.3-12.7 all the way thru increased to 353HP.

the biggest increase was over 50hp at around 5000rpm!!!!! the rest was increased by 20-30hp all the way thru till the top end of the run. this saturday its off the the track to see how it runs. it feels much stronger after the dyno then it did before and feels much stronger even on my tune then with the 444cc injectors which i ran a best of 11.1 @121mph

So with any luck and some good traction should get a 10 sec slip i hope.

Thats sweet man! I just had mine done last weak and I was 10.0's across the board as well! Put

down 275 rwhp. Praying for 300 or so after I get

the a/f in the 12.5 to 13.0 range. Also timing was

at 32 when optimal should be around 36 total for

a sbc. Next time I will come more prepared! Timing

light and jets! Again, congrats on the sweet #'s!

By the way, as mine sits what kind of ET do you think I am looking at? The z weighed in at 2700

with me in it.

i dont mean to sound like im braggin eek2.gif (I am) but i have to remind everyone this is a stock motor, stock turbos running stock booste (10PSI) with and intercooler and SDS, if I dont get 10s, well looks like a electronic booste controller and some extra booste.

Zya as far your times do a search on the internet for horsepower Calculators and input your wieght and HP should give you an estimate on times.

ALthough mine wasnt very accurate... im weighing in at 2700-2750 and with my previous times it said i was running in the 450+ RWHP Id understand 20-30 Hp but 100 maybe im not as heavy as i thought rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Dam, would you guys volunteer to do my car? I want some numbers like that. I'll provide the engine, car, and beer just provide the knowledge.

Hoping to hit the dyno with the Supra this weekend, we'll see. Want to do it when it's cooler in the morning. Last time I made 390RWHP and 427ftlbs. I should be over 400 now if I can get the A/F right. It was 10:1 and below before eek2.gif and corked up with a crappy MAF sensor breathing hot air. The 383 in the Z without the secondaries opening was only 300RWHP :( Hoping to fix that with EFI sometime soon darn it.

Time to turn up the boost man! How much you running now? Slap a nice MBC on it and bring it up some. Still running ceramic turbos?

still running 10 psi on the ceramic turbos. for some reason the MBC i have GReady, isnt working one click its stock the next click it overboosts!!!!not sure whats going on there. think it might have something to do with the rb26 actuators. im gonna invest in a EVC soon . im pretty sure well be able to get it over 400 rwhp with some extra booste but only time will tell.

Going to teh track saturday for the real test now if it would just stop raining ill be ok...

I used to run a fish tank type bleeder valve on my Eclipse GSX. This ends up doing much the same thing as the OE solenoid/bleeder - it's always letting some pressure get to the wastegate, and therefore, starts opening it before the bleeder becomes too much of a restriction and makes 99% of the boost get to the wastegate diaphram.

Much better is a relief type manual boost controller (MBC). These won't let pressure get to the wastegate until the set point is hit. Low speed torque and driveability is greatly improved over the OE bleeder or the fishtank bleeder.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Stony,

Funny story (kinda). My brother and I we're riding around in his MR2 Turbo the other night and we see this black base model Honda del Sol. It had steel wheels and no exhaust (as in nothing past the cat) so we chased after it and got a light. My brother was expecting to smoke this dude, cause a del Sol S is pretty damn slow. We got him off the line, but after that he walked on us HARD. We pulled over and he followed us. Turns out he worked at Hale's (the dyno shop) and has a turbo B16A swapped in. We started talking and he said he knew you and you had been in the shop recently. I asked how much power you were putting down, but he said he didn't want to tell in case you didn't want anyone to know. I figured you'd post on the board, though. I can't remember his name, but he was pretty cool.

Anyway, when is the last race down there? We'll be leaving state right around Sept 23rd, so I'd like to come check out your car before I leave. BTW, I will be putting the Z up for sale within the next couple of weeks. I know you were somewhat interested in the spring. It's running a lot better now and I am just finishing a tranny rebuild and I have an HEI to put in there. Anyway, give me an e-mail if you're still interested.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...