HybridZ

Early 1974 260z build

Posted (edited)

Literally just needed to change one setting from rising edge to falling edge and we're good.  Had to find another tooth angle after the change, but that's easy to do.  The AEM wideband was fixed by just grounding the brown wire.  

Drove it down the road a bit and let the auto-tune hit some target AFR's.  It's definitely running better.  I've just got it using wastegate pressure for now.  I can hear it spool and release, so the BOV and all that stuff are working fine.

I noticed I'm sitting at 60-65kpa at idle.  I know my Schneider stage II cam is probably the culprit.  I also need to do a hot lash of the valves, as they're a bit noisy.  Hopefully i don't have a vacuum leak'

Edited by juggernautjoee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replaced quite a few things to try and track down the random shut-off problem I'm having.  New ignition switch, new internally regulated alternator from a 99 Nissan pathfinder, and removed the seat belt interlock module in the engine bay (it was already removed from the relay under the dash).  That seems to have done nothing lol.  I think I'm still getting some random sync loss issues that I need to track down.

But I did put some skillard door panels on, and put an Acura RSX seat in.  That took a bit of cutting and welding on the seat side, as well some cheap ebay sliders.  

PXL_20240625_223053975.jpg

PXL_20240622_211047338.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Found another RSX seat.  It's not an exact match.  The stitching pattern is different b/w the seats, and the plastic trim in the headrest area is a different color.  Obviously I'm not going to fix the stitching, and I'll just paint those plastic trim pieces black and be done.

PXL_20240713_223652685.jpg

PXL_20240713_223716813.jpg