HybridZ

Early 1974 260z build

If you get a Pallnet rail machined for o-ring injectors you'll have a wide range of salvage yard injectors to choose from.  If you stick with barbs all there will be is aftermarket turbo injectors.  The factory turbo injectors were a dark brownish purple color.  The ones in your pictures look like NA injectors which were green or tan.  If they've been open to the atmosphere for a while they might be rusted and sticking inside.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1982,280zx,2.8l+l6+turbocharged,1209361,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nissan-made green injectors have a string of numbers on the plastic body.  Like 0014xxxx, can't remember exactly.  The numbers don't tell much except that they were made by Nissan.  They used colors to identify flow rates.

Bosch injectors have 0 280 150 105 or similar, the last two numbers can vary.  The numbers identify the flow rate.

Check for numbers.

Turbo cleaned and painted and mounted.  I'm waiting on a few fittings to get the oil lines completed.  And some vacuum hoses/adapters for the lines going to the wastegate.  Not going to bother with a boost controller right now. 

image.jpeg.00cd473e0b0fd576162ef2b098406b3b.jpeg

I did order a cheap ebay t3 turbo blanket for $30.  We'll see if it fits.  I know I'll have to cut it to fit around the wastegate bracket.

I know as soon as I get everything mounted, I'll find a nice P79/P90 head for cheap lol.  Then I'll have to redo this.

Edited by juggernautjoee

Not an expert on these things but - I don't think that fuel hose is rated for the temperatures it might see from hot turbo oil.  I've seen interesting steel flex lines.  I just saw a video about Toyotas with rubber hoses, not even that close to the heat.  They degrade over time.  I'll see if I can find it and link it.  Might have some ideas in it.

Just now, juggernautjoee said:

Yeah I've actually got a heat wrap that I'm going to throw on that here shortly.  Hopefully that works.

The heat is on the inside.  Seems like high temperature hydraulic fluid hose would be better.  Can't think of any fuels that are meant to be transported at high temperature.  No offense, it's just the wrong stuff for the application.  Even a wrapped hose could just end up as an oil-soaked sponge next to the exhaust manifold and turbo.  

image.png.26c6d21f47b926ca5b69a814d725e48a.png

Turbos are so popular today that you can find them all over the place.  Even OReilly  Auto has an inexpensive Dorman line.  The race shops have neat looking braided lines but the automakers use solid steel.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/fuel-delivery/turbocharger---supercharger/turbocharger-oil-line/37ad2bed2d4d

Really though, if you have flaring tools you could just buy some steel tube and make your own.  It's low pressure, a 45 degree flare should be fine.  Good luck. 

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/dorman-oe-solutions/fuel-delivery/turbocharger---supercharger/turbocharger-oil-line/37ad2bed2d4d/dorman-oe-solutions-steel-turbo-oil-line/doe0/625813?pos=7

So I researched this extensively a while back. You want to get a hose made specifically for the temps and fluid, in this case hot oil. It's at low pressure and you need to ensure there is no restriction. Gates and a bunch of other co's offer off the shelf solutions to this, and I'd recommend you get the same hose rated and used for oil coolers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Special hose is on.  MSA downpipe painted and wrapped & installed.  Intake and valve/cam cover installed

I found a P90A head that I might pull the trigger on.  I know I'll need to either trust in some timeserts and thread in the solid lifters, or take it to a machine shop for them to work their magic on it.  I've heard the timeserts either crack, or the lifters loosen up.  Lol I knew I would find a P90 once I got things back together.  Now i just have to decide if it's worth it.  He wants $450 plus shipping.  Which is a pretty good deal.

PXL_20221230_174506663.jpg

PXL_20221230_174511170.jpg

PXL_20221230_200924317.jpg

PXL_20221230_200935098.jpg

Edited by juggernautjoee