HybridZ

Need a new fuel pump.

After 15 years, my Walbro pump is starting to make some funny noises.  I've read that Walbro was bought out and the new TI pumps may not be very good.  Any recommendations for a replacement without going in tank?  I'd like something quiet and reliable.

• 2 months later...

The Walbro 255 is good for over 600 horsepower.  I think that most people choose it without really doing any calculations of what they need.  Also, if the fuel lines are too small the pump will work harder and make more noise.  The original L28 pump pushes about 30 GPH or 110 LPH.  The fuel line size would have been calculated for that flow rate.

No offense intended, it's just one of those things I've noticed.  People buy the 255 then notice the noise.

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of the TI walbros on my LS Swapped C10 that was loud as hell, drove me crazy, i was not a fan. My LS swapped Z came with a deutchwerks (sp??) 250 that i swapped onto the C10 the other day that is at least 75% quieter, its not even embarrassing in drive thrus anymore lol. The Z is getting an FI tech in tank retrofit because of how loud that walbro was, also to get an external pump to function with the stock Z tank it has to hang so close to the ground i wasnt comfortable with it.