HybridZ

1980 280zx brake issues.

I have a 1980 280zx that i have just purchased. The problems i am having is finding parts for it (no surprise). But the brake booster is leaking and causing the brake pedal to feel normal till the end and goes straight to the floor towards the end. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so tell me how you fixed it. Or be able to use a different brake booster setup. Thank you in advance (btw first post on this page. Pic is my car.) 

280zx.JPEG

On 5/30/2023 at 2:14 PM, kaf280zx said:

causing the brake pedal to feel normal till the end and goes straight to the floor towards the end.

That's not a booster problem, it's a master cylinder problem.  You need a new master cylinder, it's leaking internally.  If you're lucky it hasn't leaked externally, in to the booster, yet.

2 hours ago, NewZed said:

That's not a booster problem, it's a master cylinder problem.  You need a new master cylinder, it's leaking internally.  If you're lucky it hasn't leaked externally, in to the booster, yet.

Okay thank you I'll check it out.