HybridZ

Outer tie rod driver's side right hand thread

I put a new steering rack in my car that has right hand inner tie rods on both sides.  I bought 2 MOOG ES2109R right side tie rods and they do fit but on the driver's side it's a bit too long and I don't have much adjustment ability.  Also its pointed slightly forward as opposed to the passenger side where it points sightly rearward.

What is everyone using for drivers side outer tie rod with right hand thread?

@fusion I don’t mean to be patronizing, so please ignore if you have done this repair before. You are aware you will need to thread both sides on in increments (little at a time) until the toe is close, than check alignment? If you bottom-out one side, the other side will thread on but you will not have enough adjustability to match the angle of the front wheel (toe).

if you already know this, please ignore. 

Aydin, thanks for the comment.  Yes I am aware of this and have made these adjustments before.  I did end up determining that I didn't have the rack perfectly centered.  Once I made the adjustment, I think I am OK now.

• Like 1