HybridZ

Yet another LS 260z swap :)

Posted (edited)

hello 🍻,

Now the engine bay is emerald green again😀.

After three layers of filler and some more sanding it was time for the green paint, three layers plus four of clear coat.

Time to finish the headers and start making a flywheel for the Sachs clutch

20240602_191400.jpg

20240602_194006.jpg

20240601_115854.jpg

20240602_191259.jpg

Edited by christianmoller

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have started to mount things back, feels good 😀.

I have also picked up my old(very) chemistry book and have zink plated some of the part's , not gold but it will do. 

There is also some time behind the computer to draw some new brackets for vacuum canister, drier for air condition,ECU and ignition coils.

ECU will sit were the old electronics for the ignition were.

Coils will be relocated were the battery once lived on passenger side and driver side just under the clutch master.

Bracket for the valve for the rear brakes will have it's new life just next to the front master cylinder.

Some brackets for the AC lines and heater pipes is also in the pipeline.

I don't have a 3D printer yet so i will get help from a friend in that matter.

Cheers

Christian

20240606_144730.jpg

20240606_144740.jpg

ECU plåt v1.png

fäste bromsreducering v1.png

Fäste tändspolar v1.png

Fäste vacuumtank v3.png

rörklamma v1.png

rörklamma_2_3st v2.png

Edited by christianmoller

• 2 weeks later...

Evening every one🍻

I  have done some plumbing in the engine bay as i got the brackets for the heater lines and ac lines.

They are going to be painted semi gloss black when they are ready.

I'm going to fabricate some fittings for the heater lines and use Quicklok connectors between engine and the pipes.

Is the pipe on the LS engines for the heater 5/8" or 16mm ?

Some more brackets will be made for the oil filter console.

Front cross member also got some attention, welding reinforcements for the steering rack.

Have a nice evening

Christian

20240616_161400.jpg

20240616_121118.jpg

8 hours ago, calZ said:

Super clean bends! I love the organization. Are you planning on putting some insulation on the AC lines? 

Yes, some insulation between the brackets were the copper is exposed, not sure yet what to use.

I have an idea of shrink tube for cables but not sure if it will do the job, i have seen some "thin something" in modern car that seem to work not sure what it is. 

From start there were no insulation in the engine bay but inside they are covered with some pipe insulation.

/Christian

Hello,

A small update :).

The primary tubes are now welded so its time to wrap them and then tac weld them to the flanges so i can take them of for final welding to the flanges.

Some bungs for lambda sensors are also welded to tubes before and after cat converters.

Some brass fitting has been made for the Quicklok connectors and solder/brazed(?) to the pipes.

What is the difference between solder and brazing, i have used silver as material, i don't know the difference(temperature?)?

Still waiting for a box of goodies from the US with some rubber parts for the engine bay.

Have a nice evening

Christian

20240622_131836.jpg

20240622_131901.jpg

20240618_174838.jpg