HybridZ

73 Scarab

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292163379

Guy's, This is my 73 240 that was converted to a Scarab in 1977. The car was restored in a ground up project in 1988 and the paint that you are seeing is almost 14 years old!!!!!The motor was built in a Nascar Race shop in Mannaca, Pa. in 1989 and is dynanometer tested at 500 HP. This is our first effort at digital images and as time goes by we will offer better pictures. Mike Kelly has seen this car in person and can offer unbiased commentary.

Special thanks to Auxilary for the help in getting these pictures posted!!!

Hope you guy's like it!!!!

Very sweet looking car! All the body lines and everything is tastefully done. For being a "Scarab" the car has the engine back about as far as it will go in a Scarab conversion; that's good! Thanks for posting the pic, and yes, Auxilary is one heck of a guy. icon_smile.gif

Davy

First, let me say that these pics look REAL nice... BUT, and I mean this, they do not do this car justice... I've had this car in my driveway, and Jim has done one hell of a job of making sure the workmanship of those who built it was top notch. There is NOTHING imperfect about this body work, and the paint is FLAWLESS... You guys who are local really owe it to yourselves to see this car!

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

I believe Jim is running 265-50-15s on it, although he is having trouble finding replacement tires for it... I gave him the pair I had on my 15s, but the tire shop that removed them from the rims actually tore the sidewall and I didn't notice it until I was getting them down out of my attic for Jim.

The little details on that car, like the side vents in the fenders, no seems between the headlight buckets and the fender/ spoiler, and the fender flares in the rear really make this car a standout!

Mike