HybridZ

Finally bought my new turbo camshaft

jgkurz

Hi all, I finally bought my new camshaft for my Z. Based on several people's positive feedback I went with the ISKY 490 lift turbo cam. I called ISKY and was surprised to actually talk to Ron Iskenderian in person. He seemed knowledgeable about the L28 and turbo profiles. He gave me two options. They are both the same cams that are in the catalog except they use a split profile. The cam he recommended has the L-490 model on the intake and the L-480 model on the exhaust but with 114 lobe sep. I could have also picked the L-480 intake / L-475 exhaust, but he said that cam is done around 6000 rpm which is less than I wanted. The cam and keepers cost me $214.00 not including shipping. I thought that was a reasonable price. That price plus the excellent customer service was more than I could refuse.

Now I'm wondering where I can get a decent price on rocker arms. The best I can do from Nissan is 377.40.... :eek: Any idea's?

Thanks!

You can get resurfaced rockers from Delta cams, I think they are about 4 or 5 bucks each, the downside is you will have to run a slightly thicker lash pad or double check your geometry to make sure you are ok.

I tried a set on a crower cam, and they are quiet, and are not giving me any unusual wear patterns. You send them yours or pay a core.

• 7 years later...

:iospalo::iospalo::iospalo::iospalo::iospalo::iospalo:

Yeah, yeah......I know. 2003! Big deal, get off my back already!:mrgreen:

Since I have been doing some research on turbo cams, I just wanted to ask if you ended up liking this cam profile. Also, what did you do about springs?