HybridZ

What muff!?!?!?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey all!

Im goign to get a new exhaust put into my 77 280Z on sat. and am wondering what size tuping to have put in and what is the best free flow muff and best sounding one out there for the doller? Noise isnt somthing that i am woried about... I LIKE LOUD!!! thanx a bunch!!! cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

howz bout the Borjla shootout muff, the Dinomax, or the flowmaster one chamber racing muff? haha and yea... i cant stand the sound of those stupid lil hondas! sound slike a bunch of 2 stroke motorcycles buzzing all over...

AJ

dollar for dollar the straight pipe into a cherry bomb glasspack will flow the best, they are 20.00 at any auto store, and they usually have them in stock, this is also the loudest you can get, you will drown out any honda and almost any car except a v8 with the same combo. i promise.

dollar for dollar the straight pipe into a cherry bomb glasspack will flow the best
In Dyno tests, the glasspacks have done horribly. While the straight through design looks like it would flow well, the perforations actually inhibit flow. If it were my money (and it was..) I'd run 2 1/2" aluminized pipe and the Walker Dynomax super turbo. Get the center in offset out. Your muffler shop should be able to rotate the case where virtually none if it hangs below the fender. Just remember, "Friends don't let friends run a tailpipe larger in diameter than the exhaust pipe..."

Guest Anonymous

ive been looking around and i thin ki found what im goign to get... but tell me if its a bad idea!!! ok.. i wanna get the 2 1/4 T430 stanless steel tubing (the like bendable flexy stuff) have that from my STOCK exhaust manafold down to where mt cat. should be (when i got the car the had ripped it out) when i get to where the cat. should be then i want to put a 2 1/4 in and out glass pack there then aftyer that the same tubing out to where the origional muff goes and put a 4" od penicil style Monza tip on the very end...

-Will that even work?

-If so will it be quite?

-will it help me out any more then the stock exhaust that has holes in it?

thank you so much!! and please give me sum info!!! =)

cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey 77kza,

I can verify and recommend the dynomax super turbo. I had it installed on my '79 w/ no cat, headers, straight-thru/offset w/ 2.5" piping. I was incredibly pleased, the sound and performance fully surpased my expectations. And I have some thing to go from, becuase while there aren't many nice s30's in my town, there are quite a few tuned zx's. And I must say, braggably, mine sounds the best. Perhaps its the half-dead piston clunking around in there, but its unanimous around here that people are suprised all that sound is coming from a 2.8L |6, and not like a 289, or small v8. It gets lots :D and 2thumbs.gifflamedevil.gif

-980mak rockon.gif

Guest Frank280z

I agree. Dynomax super turboes and the hemi super turboes sound great 2thumbs.gif Barely any interior drone and good performance too. My bro in law has an old thrush on his 2.4 l6. I don't like it at all. Just my opinion.

Frank

i run one super turbo with two inlets, back pressure city, i dont even care, the quietness is beautiful, i think if i were to do it again with a pumped up motor i would just go dual super turbo, man they are peace.

A super turbo is not going to be loud enough from the sound of things. I have the hooker max flow 3" straight thru muff, and I like it. It sounds wicked when the boost hits, but that could be the 5 inch tip that my buddy put on there figuring I would get more street action. Hasn't worked, but the tip sure is big.

I agree with Ross re the glasspack, they don't flow well, but they are loud. You want stright thru with no perf's hanging down in the exhaust stream.

You proably want one of those race magnum bullet mufflers. They are cheap they flow well, and they have very little packing, hence they are LOUD. Check out summit, they are cheap. Not much more than a glasspack, and probably just as loud.

Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

hey all! and thank you so much for your input!!! i ended up going with 3' to a flowmaster... it sounds and moves so sweet now!!! i luv it!!! and i can over do the sound of the rice!!!

AJ

Just watch out for the Fuzz. That is ho you draw attention to yourselves, and the fuzz here in Bham love to stop loud honda's.

My tip is 5 inches by the way, and chrome. I'm not braggin mind you, but since it was free, what the heck.

Should we change the topic to "lets see who has the biggest tip"?