HybridZ

Need help with fuel line set up??

utvolman99

Okay, I know that a lot of you guys have ran all new fuel line for your Z conversions. I would really like to get around that if I could but at the same time I want to make sure that I have plenty of liquid refreshment for my engine. I will be running a Holley 750 on a 450 hp, 6000 RPM 355 chevy. I was really hoping to install an aftermarket fuel pump/filter and just plumb it into the old line with braided hose. Will the old line be too small?

That is what I was afrade of. I guess now I just need to decide if Im going to use

A. Hard steel tubing (would rather not)

B. Alluminum tubing (I know I will really need to hold that baby down to prevent cracking)

C. SS hose (easy but expensive!)

Also, do I need a return line? I wouldnt think so, right?

• 3 weeks later...

That Holley blue is NOISY!!! I was running around the same horsepower/rpm in my 355 SBC.

I welded in a sump in the tank and used #8 AN fittings and 1/2 inch aluminum tubing up to the front of the car then I had it "T'ed" off at the regulator with #6 AN lines to each side of the carb.

That was probabaly overkill and you would probabaly be OK with #6 AN and 3/8 lines all the way from tank to carb.

Myron

I think you will be fine. I am running a similar set up motor as yours. I am running from the stock 5/16 outlet to 3/8's all the way to the carb. Also running a Summit electric fuel pump that is 110 gph . It is a 16 psi unit that is regulated to 6 psi. I have no lean condtions up to 6500 rpm.