HybridZ

Front end shimmy..what is it!

Thanks Tim, I am kinda thinking its the wheel bearings on the driver side. I am going to take the wheels/tires for rebalance as well. Also the tie rod ends look pretty old and crusty. maybe I am getting some slop from them????????

Hey I have the same problem with the new yokahoma avs intermediates I had mounted and balanced last month.

The color dots on the tires are not lined up in any order. Does anyone know how the avs's should be lined up.

Someone else said the same thing last weekend, said the dot I believe orange but I'm not sure should be lined up with the valve stem. If so I will take the car back to NTB.

Mike

Check wheel bearings

Check to see if you still have all the wheel weights (might have thrown one)

Check to see if the tires were installed correctly (most tires have little colored ink dots on the sidewall, usually red or yellow, which indicates high, or heavy spots on the tire). The dots (which ones depends on the manufacturer) line up with the valve location.

Check the lug nuts for tightness.

If all the above are cool, take them back to the shop for rebalancing.

Tim

• 4 years later...

alright I have new tension rods (techno toys) and tierods new wheel bearings new rotors new rack and pinion bushings new sway bar bushings all has been gone over (tight) except lower control arm bushings and new tiers. rear dif has a solid mount and new sway bar bushings lower control arm bushings will be her any day I am gong to put all new u joints on at the same time and rear wheel bearing's the front end alignment is right on hops for new1" drop coil springs all arond the rear stuts have eight thousand miles on the hope not to shake after this if dos not stop what els can I do