HybridZ

does anybody know where to get a motorsports aero body kit o

Guest 2002sentraSER

Guest 2002sentraSER

i might be able to get a full aero body kit for 250 but i want to know what it looks like before i go and take a lok at it please advise and it is for a 260z

Guest 2002sentraSER

do you know where do buy them and do you know how much they run originally because i can pick one up for 250 and i can install it myself

Guest 2002sentraSER

thats tight that is a motorsports aero kit that is what i would be tight if i could get that for $250 and probably installed for that price

Guest 2002sentraSER

is the kit that just bolts up to the stock datsun bumper mount points or does it require some fabricating and can someone with basic knowlegde of z cars do this or should they take it somewhere please advise

That depends on which kit you get.

On my 280Z I had to remove the front and rear bumper assy's...which required dropping the fuel tank down just a little bit.

Some kits add onto the bumpers, while others completely replace them. So it really depends on which kit you are getting.

As far as how it's actually mounted they pretty much just use the factory mounting locations (you will have to drill a few holes in the bodykit, though).

Guest 2002sentraSER

the guy said it would take the place of the bumpers because the z that i am getting does not have any bumpers on the car which is not a problem because va says that they don't write bumper tickets but it looks ghetto so i want to cover the spots then i will get the whole car painted including the new aero kit i will be putting on it

I recently purchased their Front Air Dam II, their side skirts, and their Rear Skirt. They had a special and gave it all to me for $465 Shipping was steep at $95. I had a bunch of other stuff that I got from them so they just put it all in one box for the $95.

That kit normally costs $510, so if you can get that for what you're saying... grab it.

I don't really like the rear skirt and won't be using it. I personally think that it takes away from the incredible lines of the Z. It looks too "80's-ish". Purely my opinion. Obviously other people like it and that's why everyone's Z looks diffent in some way. :D

Instead of the rear skirt, I took the rear bumper off and I'm having the back of the Z "shaved". Basically filling in the bumper shock holes, and a couple of other holes back there. I do like the four small oval shaped holes that are in that rear panel tho so I'm leaving them. Besides, they're symmetrical.

Good luck! cheers.gif

My aeroII kit was a PITA to fit up. The side skirts were both twisted so bad I ended up sending them in for an exchange. The second set were just as bad. I ended up using side skirts purchased from Victoria British. The rear skirt needed a lot of trial and error to make it fit perfectly.

rt_ft1maple.jpg

Denny411,

I mispoke, I bought the ABS cheapo's from VB and sent them back the same day. What I ended up with are the flexible urethane skirts. When I bought them they were available from JCR and Motorsport for around $200. They're not a perfect fit either, about an inch short. They definitely install easier.

Tim

Looking at the profile of your car, and picturing it with the cowl hood and any of the three spoilers that i already have to choose from. I am leaning towards not using them. This is a case where less could be more. I will probably use them on my 77 instead. Unless someone here wants to give them a shot. They are the msa sideskirts if anyone is interested.

I got it on ebay for 350. It was on a car that was for sale last year some time. A viper yellow, 280 with a toyota 3000 sequential twin turbo, from the memphis area. It bolts on with all original hardware. I`m sure someone here has a picture of the the car. I think it sold for around 20k. I never heard what happened to the rest of the car :confused:

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by z_webslinger:

I don't really like the rear skirt and won't be using it. I personally think that it takes away from the incredible lines of the Z. It looks too "80's-ish". Purely my opinion. Obviously other people like it and that's why everyone's Z looks diffent in some way.

Rear skirts trap air under the car anyway, so your doing yourself a favor by not using it smile.gif

This is why you don't see them on race cars, its for show.

• 2 months later...