John Washington

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

John,

I would most certainly be interested, but I think TimZ put it best. It really needs some kind of EFFECTIVE airdam/splitter. One of the big known advantages of the G-nose is the improved aerodynamics. But to couple it with any form of air-dam is one off in its current form. The quality of the other kit has been covered and I know that won't be an issue with anything you offer. I can't link to the pictures posted, so I don't know what that looks like. I have yet to see a G-nose setup with a good looking airdam. But I haven't seen many with an airdam either.

In the $5-700 range for a full front end would be perfect.

Again, I am very much a potential customer if you can get a good looking product.

-Bob

I would llike to re-iterate my interest also. I don't think I would like an INTEGRATED dam, but a bolt-0n Urethane unit that would take the occasional curb hit. I never have liked all fiberglass cams since I had my Starion ESIR and my (ex) wife hit a curb/pothole with it.

I want something that will flex and not destroy all the rest of the g-nose.

Just something to think about....

:)

Brad

• 1 month later...

Don't mean to be a downer guys, but you have to be realistic. At $500-$700 a pop John would wear out the molds before he recouped his investment. There is a reason VR glass is pricey. It's QUALITY. John don't make no crap. If that's all you plan to pay for his product don't expect to see a new G-nose from John anytime soon.

Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts. :cry:

looks like im finding this thread abit late.. but Id also like to get g-nose and i dont mind paying for quality.. ZG flares and the 432R spoiler would be icing on the cake.. i would be on the list of early purchasers =]

• 1 month later...

Sorry I never responded to any of these posts, guys. I've been out of town a lot this summer traveling on business, trying to scrounge a few extra bucks.

I have not actively looked for a G-nose from which to make a mold, so if anyone runs across one...

Thanks for weighing in on the side of reasonable pricing, Dan. I'm like all of you in that I like getting the best deal that I can on stuff. However, I also have a great appreciation for stuff that looks good, mounts well, and doesn't require a ton of work to make it nice. Some of my older stuff needed improvement, and I've tried to do just that through my years in this gig.

As for FL327's "crazy prices" comment; I'm all for constructive criticism. However, that comment doesn't carry a lot of information.

"Crazy" relative to what...other parts like mine of equal value that you can buy elsewhere with equal customer service? I'm sure I can improve just about every aspect of everything that I sell, but that doesn't help a lot.

If you can show me a more cost effective way to prototype parts, manufacture them, market them, and sell them for a lower price that still allows me to keep putting food on the table (it may be a hobby for you, but it's MY job), I'm all ears! I'd also probably offer you a job...

Even for twice the price of what I said earlier in this post, I would get it. But the key is a good kit, that fits what you said,(looks good, mounts well, etc..),

But for me personally, it must have some kind of air dam. I like the original, but it is an aero treatment/issue for me, so some kind of air dam must be integrated or readily adaptable from another maker,(such as zenon or similar).

If you make one with an air dam, I'm in.

-Bob

As I recall, you could get the original G-nose two ways: with a rounded lower valance, or with an air dam.

One big problem, however, is that with an air dam the extra front overhang of the G-nose put the bottom edge WAY out there. Pretty easy to drag going into drives with any approach angle at all, speed bumps, etc. Lowering the car (which is what we all want) contributes to that quite a bit, too.

It's all a moot point until a G-nose falls in my lap so I can make a mold. I'll be sure to post when/if that happens!

As I recall, you could get the original G-nose two ways: with a rounded lower valance, or with an air dam.

The Factory G-Nose lower valance panel had mounting holes pre-drilled in it. These were to enable the mounting of the Sports Option "A" and "B" type front lip spoilers that mounted as a set with the super-wide Sports Option "Type A" and "Type B" 'Overfender' sets that became available to the general public in 1972 and 1973.

So if you were making an accurate replica of the ZG lower valance panel, you could simply copy the Factory part and leave the mounting of any extra lip spoiler to the discretion of the user. They are indeed vulnerable, and having them easily removable will surely be a boon ( especially when getting a race car on and off a trailer ).

Alan T.

I have a genuine Factory-built Fairlady 240ZG ( HS30-H model ). My car is a '72, so it does not have the extra air-con related air baffles in the radiator air intake opening of the lower front valance panel.

However, I have a spare ( genuine ) lower front valance panel that DOES have the air-con ducts on it. I can send some pics of this to you if they might help you in your research?

Alan T.