HybridZ

"HYBRID Z" Means What To YOU?

Sleek Z

Hi Gang :lol:

Am working on designing a graphic LOGO for an upcoming "Hybrid Z" regional show and would really appreciate hearing your ideas related to several questions I am asking myself in order to pull together the look and feel of the logo design. Feel free to expand the topic with questions of your own if you like. No need to respond to numbered questions. Just wing a response off the top of your head as long as it's coming from your heart.

Questions:

1. What color or group of colors in relationship, would you most likely first associate with Hybrid Z cars and events? What colors would you most prefer to see in a graphic logo advertising a Hybrd Z show or event?

2. What would you most like a Hybrid Z graphic logo to symbolize? What would you most like it to convey or express first and foremost? (for instance, speed, classy, individualism, creativity, fellowship, top dog, car knowledge, engineering, best of breed amongst street cars, etc)

3. Do you associate the hybrid Z spirit here as mostly related to powerful engines, customized body looks, one upsmanship or overal originality and creativity? Possibly related more to the past glory of the Z or more concerned with modern trends in sports and performance cars. Maybe just hanging out with like minded enthusiasts? Spirit of sharing perhaps?

4. In what ways do you feel this HybridZ forum and the HybridZ shows springing up around the country the past year, as a result of this forum, are different from all other internet based Z forums and regional gatherings of Z car enthusiasts? In other words, what is "unique" about the HybridZ forum spirit and Hybrid Z events inspired by it? Anything obvious come to mind that could be conveyed GRAPHICALLY in a logo for the show?

Please give me your opinions and ideas, no matter how off the wall or unrelated to what I have suggested above. Mostly likely I am stuck in my own way of thinking and I need others to shake me loose from it so I can better serve the need at hand.

Thanks much for any comments or ideas you offer,

:lol:

just photograph me and my z in front of the golden gate bridge with a twompsac SFC swisher sweet rockin a french inhale. thatll get the crowd hyped. just kidding, maybe just the hybrid z logo with silohettes of all kinds of motors overlapped behind or inside the letters, like you are looking inside the letters and theres just a million images of big brakes, posi, v8s, turbos, whatever. just an idea. either that or you can just photog me up at the gg bridge taking a twomp to the face like its my birthday. :twisted:

LEN,

If I don't get some more input on this question soon, I just may have to take you up on your Golden Gate Bridge pose offer. Of course we may find ourselves waiting in line to get onto the bridge behind the soldiers chasing the terrorists, but hey, sounds like "cheap entertainment" to me. Keep your french inhales at the ready.

Meanwhile what's with all the views of this poll and no responses other than yours? Com'on gang, speak up. Certainly the "Wacko Jacko" question is not more important than this one on the HybridZ forums?........or is it?

Chow for Now,

just photograph me and my z in front of the golden gate bridge with a twompsac SFC swisher sweet rockin a french inhale.

:D Nice!

Sleek,

I say the colors that represent us are red and blue (maybe white?) kind of sticking with the original colors of our forum. The logo would symbolize pretty much what you said, "speed, classy, individualism, creativity, fellowship, car knowledge, engineering...". I see us as the old school cars with new school thoughts to make them the way "we" want them regardless of what others may think. What is "unique" about this board? Maybe it's the common courtesy that everyone has for each other. Most of us respect what the others think, whether its totaly out of the box or trying to be "all Nissan", but to each thier own. Since we have members from all over the place, it would be fair to have a logo with the flat map of the world in the back ground? Just thinking out loud. It's kind of hard to convey a picture through words.

!M!

Guest Drewz

Something that could combine the new and old like our cars? Something that gives the appearance of movement? I would stay away from the Jap. or Chinese lettering themes. :? The car is renouned world wide as ahead of its time and now it is surviving time itself as well. :burnout: Hmmmmmmmm.....Come on guys more input ???? :twak: I will keep on it to help. :D

i am always up to smoking that twompsac swisher sweet to the cranium with a french inhale, just tell me when. just kidding-like.

how about big bold hybrid Z letters with images inside the letters like I was talking about before, with images of lots of car go fast type stuff in it,

turbos, gnoses, flares, su's, triples webbers,

or something like a big letter "HYBRID" with a Z superimposed into the lettering, and then in teh lettering have a full frontal z shot from like a foot away, the minimal distance needed to capture the whole front?

2. What would you most like a Hybrid Z graphic logo to symbolize? What would you most like it to convey or express first and foremost? (for instance' date=' speed, classy, individualism, creativity, fellowship, top dog, car knowledge, engineering, best of breed amongst street cars, etc)

[/quote']

All those ideas we try to incorporate into our Z cars. So maybe the logo should symbolize that the Z car has no boundaries to stay within. Sort of like if the the Z is untamable and we are mere pawns in its destructive attempt to dominate all. :twisted:

Sean

Mat73GNZ and others suggested preference for red & blue with a bit of white in Z car related logos so below is my contribution for now. See HybridZ forum thread on Logo contest to see more examples.

Zdoodle1c2-600w.jpg

Quick update. I've been following the comments in this thread and have most appreciated them. As Dan Juday has announced, there will be NOR CAL Hybrid Z Car Show and Swap at Rio Vista, CA again this year, so my logo creation effort for that one is almost over. However, there is a much larger discussion on this site devoted to creating a new logo design for Hybrid Z. org. We could use a lot of your comments and input over there at the moment. Please post your comments and suggestions there if possible. Thread is 5 pages long now, but starting at page 4 will show you the latest.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18576&start=45

---- Sleek Z Z-doodle-1a.gif

Guest Drewz

Like the style but not the red white and blue. I think something flashier is called for in the color scheme.Metallics of silver and or gold base would be nice. :D

Drew,

Thanks for the comments & good suggestions. If many others speak up about similar preferances I'll be happy to cook up an example, but I'd like to see strong interest in that direction first. Who else agrees with Drew's suggestion above?

I like the idea of metalic or chrome/gold look as well, but my experience with such effects is that it takes a long time to construct really credible gold or silver melatic or chrome surfaces. Most quickee photoshop filter efforts look cheesy and cartoon like to my eye.

Secondly, use of chrome and gold look need to be used in moderation within overal background, colors and textures or the whole thing becomes tacky and gaudy looking, IMO.

Third, basic outline design has to stand up on it's own in 2D solid colors or line art before being evolved into chrome/gold effects because some hybridz.org uses may require simple black & white reproduction in the future.

Now we need more basic, but new and fresh, line art ideas that express the stongest ideals and spirit at Hybrid Z.org. Once we have that illustrated adequately the PS gurus here can can chrome and gold plate the sucker to death if the general consesis is that is what most members prefer.

Thanks for the input. Keep'um com'in.

I agree that the red white and blue logo would be tight on a white mesh cap. Very retro looking, but I think the logo should be black and silver or red to convey the bad boy, blacksheep, non-conforming, open mind thinking of Hybrid Z. Maybe a black on black cap with silver or red outline.

I'd still buy a white mesh cap with the red white and blue logo though.