HybridZ

Some of my projects

Mike C

Here are some pics of some of my projects. Just finished the dolly for the convertible body. Differential dolly has a reproduction factory HD rear axle with disc brakes that was available over the counter '67-'68. I like my welders. :D

EDIT: went ahead and added another of my Camaro with the new Drag Radials.

69f34.jpg

car%20dolly%201.jpg

car%20dolly%202.jpg

jl8%20on%20dolly%20small.jpg

jl8%20on%20dolly%202%20small.jpg

lt1dolly.jpg

Very nice toys! I have always loved first gen Fbodies, I had a 69 Firebird 400 once upon a time, until I nuked the engine :( I think in a few months I will dump the 94 Z28 I have and try to hunt down a first gen once again, those cars have always been a #1 favorite of mine. I get week kneed when I see one.

Saw a 67 Firebird last night with gear drive and a lumpy cam, not sure what engine it was but it sounded super sweet :( I will own one again doggonit!

Thanks for the nice comments. I bought my '69 when I was a sophomore in High school. I will have had it 19 years in September. Ouch. I am planning on driving it to my 20th reunion. I'm willing to bet not more than 1 or 2 people there will still have their HS car!

You won't regret it! I am quite pleased wtih the scissor trusses. It took me so long to build my shop partly because I didn't want to make any compromises. I didn't do all scissor truss because I needed the attic space. 9' walls was also the right thing to do. There is a single door on the back as well for cross ventilation. The room in the back adds tons more storage as well just because it increases wall space. You can store on both sides. The right hand wall is 34' of cabinets using bi-fold closet doors. Here is a pic of one side of the room, the other sides have tools. Above this cabinet is a bookshelf. I'll have to take some better pics.

workcabinet1.jpg

workcabinet2.jpg