HybridZ

Am i crazy to try and fit 26x10.6R15 ET STREETs??

Am i crazy to try and fit 26x10.6R15 ET STREETs under my stock fenders??

I have GC coilovers and I would go to a 8" springs for the extra room.

Pete P has a tire with a 10.5 sectoin width under his stock fenders, So would this fit?? :?

Also if could get this to work how quick of a 60' time do you think i could pull??

How much better than my 225/45R17 G-Force DR's?? they have a section width of 9.2"

Here is my set up now

album_pic.php?pic_id=23

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Your Car is Slow

I bet it can be done with a proper backspacing on the rim.

I plan on fitting 345/55/17 tires on an 11" rim under there eventually (ok so maybe ALITTLE will stick out) :)

I believe it can be done but the key is wheel width and offset. The closest equivalent being used on several stock-fendered Zs is the 235/60-15 BFG DR which is about .2" taller.

As for the 60', power plays a large part in the equation, so it depends on how much power you have, and the suspension's ability to maintain the full contact patch under load off the line.

If I were you I would run the Hoosier quick time pro's in the 26x9.5x15 size. This would be about the same size as my 235/60/15 BFG drag radials. These tires fit perfect with 15x7.5 wheels with 5" bs. I have GC coil overs and the wheel lips are not rolled. You also might wanna try and run the 235/60/15 BFG drags that I have. I think they would hook up just fine with your RB motor. THis way the car would still handle good wth your 17" radial front tires.

ok here's mine. I may be mistaken but 275x50x15 are 26 inches tall I have mine on 10 inch wide 15 inche wheels with 5.5 inch backspacing. and as you can see they fit just right (with zg flares and the 1/4 cut out about an inch above teh stock fender lip all the way around. I think if you stuck with the BFG DR (new one) youll be happy and not require body mods. I dont think that big of a tire will fit inbetween teh strut and stock fender lip without rubbing HARD!!!

222700018.jpg

yeah that is wide stony, but your tires are a lot wider than the 26x10.5R15s I am looking at and your rims are 2" than the 8"s I'm looking at. I dont think the hight is the problem or is it?

I wish I could stuff tires like that. :(

Brad, I am running 10" coilovers . There are a bunch of v8 guys running the 235's drags and have no traction issues. Some are even spraying out of the hole with 60 foots times as low as 1.5 sec. I highly recommend them!

Brad, have you tried your current 225/45/17 DR's at the track yet??? If not I would try them first before you go out and spend a bunch of money.

They might just hook with the right amount of clutch slip!

No i have not gone to the track yet, my RB is not even running yet, I was just thinking it would be a problem. I will try my set up before I get a pair of rims and tires for the track. I would like to pull a 1.6 sec or so 60' and a low 11's 1/4.

All my buddys drive old muscle cars and make fun of my car, they call it a egg roll, say the body is as thick as a coke can.........I need to prove a point.

Anyone looking to go beyond DRs but stay "LEGAL", this is an absolutely awesome tire!! I am running 26x9.5x16 on an 8" rim. Best of all, I am not using a tube and they do not ever lose even 1lb of pressure. I plan to step up to 26x11.5x16 next time as I have blown these away a couple of times trying to put the car on its bumper :D but that is the extreme and the above size would work for any hard running Z-car.

Be aware that this will really challenge your diff setup. I would say halfshafts need not apply.

Guest Phil1934

I think so. Maybe someone who was there and took photos can chime in. It was silver or light metallic blue with cowl hood. He was also selling an old V8 Z.

• 1 year later...
Yes, Hoosier QTPs are what I am using now and a 8" wheel is perfect.

I don't have coil overs, and plan on keeping it that way.

But I have a question.

I plan on running Draglites in a 15x8 rear width with 235/60/15 Yoko tires. Weld are offers Draglites in a 4.5" and 5.5" backspacing with the 15x8 rims.

Which one should I go with?

Thanks guys!!