HybridZ

Custom Hoods - what looks awesome on Z's?

260ZRED

my z has recently been repainted bmw titanium silver, but no blue flames. yeah, that's paul's car and he does have lots and lots of crazy street racing and 1/8 mile drag racing stories with the blue flame car and another silver z that he has. he knows how to build an engine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't emailed the guy yet but the website is dead. By the way, his car is in the book "Z car - a Legend In Its Own Time," thats how I reckognized it! Do you think he used a fiberglass front end from JC or is that his own? Whatever it is it looks killer!

Thanks,

" Adam, if you dont mid me asking, how did you do the side pipes, like what were some steps, and costs..."

HueJass,

The side pipes are from JEGS and just bought their sidepipe kit. It is a very tight fit next to the underbody.

If I broke a motor mount I would probably brake a header.

I welded a couple of brackets to the side pipes and bolted throught the floor of the car. Been the side pipes for two years and no problems. Cost about $300

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1287&prmenbr=361

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1291&prmenbr=361

Have a great day and keep on Z-ing

Adam

• 2 months later...
Guest Your Car is Slow

Says that fiberglass hood weighs 18lbs?

Hmm...when I pulled off the stocker it didnt feel all that much heavier (mabye 20 to 30lbs was my guess). What is the weight of the stocker?

Ill have to go home and weigh it now :)