HybridZ

I wanna burn more gas...

Con Brio

I would like to increase the size of the injectors on my '76. I am looking for info on all that will be required for this to work properly/ ie. increased fuel pressure etc. I don't know if it matters but I've rebuilt the engine installing a crane cam, 60mm throttle body with a K&N cone filter, headers with appropriate exhaust. Cheers. :cheers:

Okay, turbo injectors. Now just any year 280zt injectors, or are there some that would work better than others. As for the fpr, what about the rising rate fuel pressure regulator offered by motorsport auto. Thanks for your help. :cheers:

Okay, turbo injectors. Now just any year 280zt injectors, or are there some that would work better than others. As for the fpr, what about the rising rate fuel pressure regulator offered by motorsport auto. Thanks for your help. :cheers:

If you aren't turbo, the RRFPR is going to be useless - it boosts fuel pressure at a higher than linear rate only when you rise above atmospheric pressure.

If you put bigger injectors on a factory Z EFI, you will have to modify the AFM, otherwise you will burn more fuel, but only because you'll be running pig-rich and not get any better power.

AMOF, you will easily accomodate your power requirements with a stock fuel system, without bigger injectors. If you do start to run lean at the top end, just get an adjustable pressure regulator to bump the fuel pressure up, then adjust the AFM to lean it back out.

Thanks for the reply. A couple of more quick questions. 1) Then you are saying that the RRFPR that motorsport sells for the non-turbo is essensally a waste of money. And that the hp gains they are claiming are false. 2) AMOF ??? 3) Should I leave my fuel system stock. Thanks again for your input. :cheers:

True a rising rate regulator wouldn't be of any benifit unless it's base pressure is adjustable. I was refering to a regular adjustable regulator. If factory fuel pressure is about 40 psi at 0" vaccum, it can be adjusted to say 50 or whatever is needed. Any 280zx turbo injector 81-83 or 300zx turbo 84-85, don't know about the 86+ years. I have some 280ZXT inj on Zcar.com $75 shipped http://zcar.com/classifieds/class_parts/18929

Thanks for the reply. A couple of more quick questions. 1) Then you are saying that the RRFPR that motorsport sells for the non-turbo is essensally a waste of money. And that the hp gains they are claiming are false. 2) AMOF ??? 3) Should I leave my fuel system stock. Thanks again for your input. :cheers:

1 - Yes.

2 - AMOF is "as a matter of fact" (sort of).

3 - I would, except for an adjustable FPR (NOT rising rate, just manifold referenced).