HybridZ

12 inch Wilwood brake caliper/rotor update

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Guest das280zx

Hmm, I think you all should make fronts first and then rears, who really needs 4 pot rear brakes anyhow? One more question, how are you going to attach the hat to the rotor? Are you going to use some of those special fasteners that allow for the different expansion of the steel and aluminum? Otherwise, I don't see how cracks won't develop in the aluminum hat over time.

Guest Thurem
will you also have SS brake lines for the kit? or will the stock lines bolt up?

"THE KIT" will only include the hat to bolt the 12.2" rotor to the hub and the bracket to adapt the larger caliber to the stock mounting ears. You have to go out and find a good deal on your favorite rotor, Wilwood's start at about 46 bucks, and the caliber you also have to get for yourself, several different kinds available from Wilwood and Outlaw etc...

SO, you will also need to source your own brakelines and hardware..

Thure

a five bolt hat would be HUGE for the early Z guys. I can only dream of some of the wheels i would like to have because of the current 4 bolt pattern on my car.

but I can also unserstand that the more options you add...the higher the price is for both your company..and the consumer.

Guest Thurem
Will the HAT be availble in 5-bolt as well?

I thinking of doing the old 5-bolt swap.

for a 5 bolt setup, I would consider one of the hats that are readily available from Wilwood (Damn I starting to sound like a Wilwood rep.), they are available in many offsets and boltpatterns. This would be a conventional hat, that slips over the hub and under the wheel. Try the Wilwood website.

Thure

Guest Aaron

For the ZX, I like RossC's 13" setup. I think it requires the 5 lug upgrade, but he says it fits Z32 16" wheels. If I remember correctly, the price was about $800 (forgive me if I am wrong).

Guest Thurem
What worries me is that the rotor looks a little thin, possibly track use only!? Maybe offer two flavors, the shown option as track only, and the thicker blade version with smaller cooling vent line for street use that last longer?
A little thin!!! The rotor is 1.25" thick. They do have heavyduty rotors available, from Wilwood and Coleman and they all will bolt up to this kit cause it is a standard size rotor for racecars. Look for a 8 bolt pattern on a 7" boltcircle in a 1.25" thickness and 12.19" or 12.2" diameter.

Thure

I mean, if you look at the rotor, the vent is huge. the 1.25" thickness counts the space inbetween left for the vent, and the actual side thickness of the rotor platters is fairly small? (at least it appears in the pictures, maybe I'm wrong?). If these are for strictly track use, then it makes more sense

You dont wear a rotor all that thin, 1.25" is damn standard for many cars like Vettes etc with vented rotors, and you wont find many aftermarket setups with more than that either without serious cashola. I still have stock rotors on my Camaro with Hawk HPS pads and the car has 122k on it, and it has been road raced.

Guest Thurem
. . . the only question is, will this kit fit under the 15" wire rims of my GTO?
If you want to have 0.1" clearance to the brakecaliber you need to have an inside diameter in your wheels of at least 13.9" . The caliber will most likely also stick out past the wheelmounting surface app. 0.6" . Hope this answers your questions..

Thure

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thurem
Any updates on this kit guys?

Also' date=' as asked before, will these be 'floating' disks?

Tim[/quote']

Wilwood offer a dynamic mount for their GT 48 fin rotors. I say, call Wilwood or email them for details.

Check with JSK for details on progress.

Thure

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hello again. We are getting close. We just cant decide what to do first. It seems that the o ring fuel rail is in good demand and so is the wilwood adapter setup. Well, I need an idea who would like either of the 2. This is so I know how many to have machined. Please only submit your request if you will be willing to purchase when the time is ready. This will also be a prepaid item. Im working on a submit page for the 2 items. They can also be anodized in colors black, red,and blue. http://www.jskinnovations.com if the submit page is not running when you visit give me some time. Thanks again . Juan@JSK