HybridZ

LT1, Best donor year?

Well, I tried to see what is up with the clutch pedal inhibitor, there is a sensor in the general area but I'm not sure its the correct one or how it would be hooked up, its right next to the clutch pedal though with 2 wires. I would assume it could be the one, since I know someone who had to swap thiers out to get the car started and running again, getting my head under the dash is no easy task so I think I will leave it at a shrug :)

• 3 years later...
#1 choice 1995, #2 1994, both OBD I, EEPROM - my own car is a 94 but converted to a 95 Opti.

Are there any "tricks" to converting from a '94 to a '95 opti? I'm getting ready to convert my Gen1 to a '94 LT1 and plan on tuning up the opti before install anyway. I have a pieces-parts '95 LT1 that has a opti with new cap and rotor and thought I might as well use it if the sawp is fairly routine. Seems like I read somewhere about some dowl pins or something that was different.

Are there any "tricks" to converting from a '94 to a '95 opti? I'm getting ready to convert my Gen1 to a '94 LT1 and plan on tuning up the opti before install anyway. I have a pieces-parts '95 LT1 that has a opti with new cap and rotor and thought I might as well use it if the sawp is fairly routine. Seems like I read somewhere about some dowl pins or something that was different.
I did it on my 94 LT1. It takes a different timing cover and possibly a cam as well (The cam is driven differently). Here's a link to a web page that talks about the swap.

http://para.noid.org/~muttvette/opti.html

I did it on my 94 LT1. It takes a different timing cover and possibly a cam as well (The cam is driven differently). Here's a link to a web page that talks about the swap.

http://para.noid.org/~muttvette/opti.html

Thanks, the cam part is what I thought. My long term plan is to build the '95 up in my spare time after I get all the install bugs sorted out with the '94 setup. Guess I'll just tune up the 94 opti for now.

If someone was looking to do a mild turbo upgrade on an LT1, could the stock engine management be modded for that application or should one look for a standalone like a Megasquirt?

Since no one else answered, I'll take a shot Scottie. With an OBD1 PCM there are a couple of good programs that will allow you to easily adjust just about any parameter you could think of. So the answer would be, yes the stock engine management could be modified for turbo's supercharger's etc. I think there are several power adder (turbo, nitrous, supercharger) type packages out there that use modified PCMs that work great.