HybridZ

Considering buying 04 WRX-STi. 0-60 in 4.6 for $31000 !NICE!

Racin_Jason

There is a reason I wear a nice suit to work... and commute in a 257,000 mile honda civic... I'm waaaaayyy to practical (And live to far away) to buy a new car... My civic, although ugly as hell with it's vinyl seats and black hood that doesn't match the light blue paint, knocks down 35+ mpg with the stock wheels and tires, and 31+ woth an oversized set and custom wheels. People look at me with their noses turned up when I'm in traffic. But hell with them. I've got a 180mph land rocket of a motorcycle at home in the garage, two Zs, a nice GMC truck with car trailer, and the 240sx and the wife's mildly mod'ed Mustang GT. Yea, I'll put around in the civic...

Mike :D

Guest Anonymous
Used C5, I'll leave my comments at that for the sake of not appearing to be more of a jackass than I already do.

LMAO :D

It has some body mods, like a tire hugger, euro tail, frame sliders, sidemarker eliminators. Has got some work done on the carbs, makes an honest 131 HP at the rear wheel, with a plus two rear sprocket, 520 conversion and K&N filters... Previous owner had it in the 9s but I can't launch it like that, and I'm about 190#s where he was in the 160# range. Nice bike though... Double bouble screen... I've got some other plastics I'm gonna get custom painted for it... I've only got $3700 in it and I'd love to trade up for a ZX12R!! That thing is a beast!!!

Mike :D

Guest Your Car is Slow

Must have been an insane rider to get that bike in the 9s without it being stretched and slammed....not that im downing it..but thats pretty unbelievable....they just dont do that.

Youd enjoy a ZX12 :D

I'm thinking my only bought-new car (which is 12+ yrs old - Eclipse GSX) will be replaced by something used. Used 3 series BMW? Used 5 series? Z32 2+2 with an LS1 conversion?

I like the EVO and STI performance numbers, but both are too boy racer. I'd take the wing off either of them if I bought one. But I can't see putting that much money into a daily driver either. I could afford the payments, but I won't do it.

you know what's nice about new? having warranty, knowing that you're breaking it in properly, creature comforts, and the fact that you're hte only person to have been in control.

kind of like breaking hymen on a virgin :)

The specs on the car look good, but I really hate that wing! it looks way to ricey for me, but then again thats the look and the crowd their going for! If Im going to spend that kind of money I'd rather pick up a new 350Z At least it would look good sitting next to my 280zx :D

I think we all like new cars in some regards, I liked having a new car, with leather, I got to de-virginize it and it was just nice having that new car smell for a few months. But the payments, $745 a month, sucked. Registration was about the same each year. Then with a new car being financed, full coverage $$$ it all adds up.

When it comes to cars, I've always been a function over fashion type guy. I'll take the performer over the pretty face any day.

Its A LOT of moolah...i know i know. I think the same way. I wouldnt have ever considered spending this kind of coin on a new car if I hadn't seen the videos and read the specs. I mean thats why im building the Z right?

Compare it to other dreams, ya know? Like the actress or singer that drives you wild. Always loved to look at her! Imagined the bliss of being with her! But you KNOW she is out of your range. But man what a time you'd have! WOOT. But wait...you mean she is obtainable?! You mean I have what it takes?? So am I going to pass and deny myself because its gonna take more of an effort than I would usually need to get her, even if i CAN do what it takes....or.....am I gonna grab that girl and run without lookin back and have the time of my life?

Ok, so maybe she (the STI) isnt the hottest looking babe around...but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that she will show me one hell of a good time! lol

Also auxilary makes a good point. With a car like this (thats meant to be driven HARD) I wouldn't want someone elses abused leftovers. I think breaking it in properly and knowing its always been cared for correctly is worth alot. i am willing to pay Piece of Mind in this circumstance.

I'm still about 50/50 on the decision. :?:

Jason