HybridZ

Water cooled fuel rails? hmmmmm

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Well I don't know if there are any out there but I thought this would be better than a fin rail I was starting to design. Let me know your thoughts .It would consist basically of a small radiator like the size of your palm (well my palm cause I have small palms) and vacuum line for water going to the rail. The rail will have water passage ports which would be better than hot air blowing around the fuel rail. I don't understand the concept of the finned rails that do not have cooler air going to it.. Fins and aluminum do not go well under a turbocharged engine. Your thoughts are welcome. Remember that the more replies to this and request for such a rail will lead to production. Thanks Juan @ JSK

oh so this doesn't confuse you its not a fuel cooler but a rail cooler to keep your lines free of vapor lock when racing or out west where it gets into the triple digits. I am in NY love it here. I would love to come to the next MSA show and meet all of you in Cali. Thanks Juan :idea:

The fuel is circulated and cooled by the fuel in the tank. That's what keeps fuel injected vehicles from vapor locking - a return line. If you use coolant from the engine, my guess is your fuel will be warmer. The finned rail stock looks cool, but there is not a lot of extra surface area to make any difference in cooling. Just MHO.

If you're really worried about it, just get one of those cool cans that has the fuel line coiled in an insulated can that you can fill with ice or cold water etc.

or this:

flx-4136.jpg

Tim

it seems like a good idea, if you're planning on keeping the water circuit seperate from the main cooling lines. However, keep in mind the lowest the system could possible run would be ambient temperature, and even if that was achieved the results would probably be minimal. A fuel cooler like above would probably work just as well, but again, would likely have little effect.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any advantage to it.....

Unless, you have a vapor lock condition, which is caused while the car is sitting after a run.... but you could fix that problem with a timer that would circulate the fuel a couple cycles after the car has been shut off..

Guest z1 performance

Exactly6...I would not bother either. For those really serious abot a cool fuel mixture, a cooler like the one above is the best overall bet.

adam

It's really weird how you get some needing a solution while others say it its not a dilemma. How about having the fuel run through the line while the car is parked. Kind of like an ignition off system when the fuel reaches a certain temperature it kicks the fuel pump on. On my fuel rail I provided 2 NPT taps to put anything you may on them. Either the fuel gauge , temp sensor, or whatever you may like to use it for is up to you. Thanks Juan