HybridZ

96 Lt1 vette Motor

Guest Anonymous

Yeah use the search function first then ask the questions. :D

Actually is like putting a regular SBC in a 240Z only better because you dont have to worry about moving the hood latch because of the distributor being mounted on the front of the engine and you dont have worry about hood clearance because of the low profile intake.

And I think you are talking about the LT4 not the LT1 in the 96' Vettes. Or was that only the Grand Sport Vettes? Anyway, they are the same engine but the LT4 just has a larger cam(barley), bigger injectors(barley), bigger intake runners, and better heads. The best part about the engine is that its four bolt mains.

I am doing a LT1 swap in my 80' 280ZX so a 240Z would be much "easier" to do because of the larger engine bay. There is plenty of info on the LT1/LT4 swaps and now people are even doing the LS1/LS6 swaps! Now the LS1 requires much more fabrication and a lot more $$$!

Guy

P.S. Welcome aboard! Oh and you should read the top post in this forum too, theres lots of beginner questions that can be answered there.

The Vette LT1 also had four bolt mains, as for bigger injectors, I dont believe I've heard that but it wouldn't really matter anyway as the stock 24# wouldn't really be pushed just yet.

22# were on the early cars however.

The Corvette accessory drive works better in the Z as well since a significant amount of fab is required for the Camaro drive. However, the T56 is a better trans choice than the ZF6 if you got the manual trans with it. If not going 6 speed but still want a manual, G-Force can build you a T5 capable of 600hp. Or you can run a Tremec. The 'vette 4L60E will require a new tailshaft housing since it uses a torque arm to mount instead of a traditional crossmember.