HybridZ

Fab'd another header

240Z Turbo

Guest Your Car is Slow

Good stuff there :D

God I cant wait to do that!

I started my welding class at the local community college tonight....its only been one night and ive learned Oxy and plasma cutting...and got started on MIG tonight.

Results sofar :D

weld.jpg

I have so much crap on the Z I need to weld. 4 months of this class...hopefully Ill have it all done :D

Very nice work. Got a couple of questions;

Did you make the merge collecters? If so how did you decide on the size and taper?

Why do you not have a mandrel bend after the collecter? Thats got to hurt the gas flow.

Cheers

Douglas

Merge collecters are way expensive. Cheepest I have seen is around $600 usd for a pair for a v8. That pipe ,regardless of were it exits, still from what I can see has a sharp 45 degree bend in it.

Douglas

Our cost on the merge, 304SS, was about $260 and was purchased from Specialty Products Design. Same place I purchased my material as well as the material for the SR20DET'd RX7. I wish I could fab a merge like that. Solar Flux B is said to be 95% as effective as purging. It forms a barrier inside the pipe so the weld does not oxidize. Burns is more expensive and they do not have a mandrel bending machine, hence the increased prices for bends.

We opted to let SPD provide us the optimal header specs:

25" primaries - 1.75" tubes

collector exit - 2-5/8" tapered to 3" exhaust