HybridZ

Lt1 started for the first time

That could be anything (I know, big help I am). My truck once did the same thing, turned out to be a clamp connecting the intake snorkle to the air flow meter came loose. Could also be a bad TPS sensor/conenction.

I find it best to start simple on these things. Do a complete visual inspection first before thinking too much about cause and affect.

Mine did the same thing the first time I started it. Try this:

1. tap gently on the injectors to make sure thay haven't gotten sticky from sitting around.

2. Unplug the MAF. Mine was faulty and it would not run with it plugged in. If you unplug it the PCM defaults to speed density.

3. disable the VATS in the PCm (if you haven't already.).

4. Check to see that the fuel pump is actually running.

HTH,

Tim

Guest racerxlite

Have you re-programmed your computer yet w/ the LT1 edit software? Until that is done & the theft/security is turned off, the computer will only allow the motor to be run for 8-10 seconds.

I foget the web site for the software, but run a search on this forum for LT1 edit software & you should find the link. I need to find it as well so I can buy the diagnostic/error code software to further the programming of mine.

Matt

Mudge I Bought the cable from the link that you gave me. The cable should be here soon. I will run the Freescan and I want to order Tunercat soon. The motor runs good when it is on.

Mudge put my ecm on his car and took of Vats.

Thanks for all of the input.

mike

• 2 weeks later...
Mudge I Bought the cable from the link that you gave me. The cable should be here soon. I will run the Freescan and I want to order Tunercat soon. The motor runs good when it is on.

Mudge put my ecm on his car and took of Vats.

Thanks for all of the input.

mike

What's the latest news, mas280? How's the progress?