HybridZ

Where can I buy a Nismo LSD unit for an R200 DIFF?

Guest kenafein240

Guest kenafein240

I've been searching through the archives, and I have decided not to get the Phantom grip unit. Where can I buy a Nismo unit? I also heard people mention a Quaife? I'd also like to look into that or any other model you guys would recommend. I'm also willing to buy a 3.7 300zx er if someone has one in good that's in good shape.

Thanks,

Brent

Guest kenafein240

I suppose stowing away a hundred bucks a month for a year wouldnt be too bad, it does sound phenomenal, and everyone here really seem to endorse the quaife. That is if I don't happen across a good 3.7 LSD in a yard before then.

Thanks for the Info guys.

-Brent

Same here if I dont find a LSD in the junk yard I will buy a Quaife some day :-D .

I dont see the point of spending 450$ on a used diff, but if I find one in a junk yard here it will cost 45$. And I have been close a couple of times with 300zx turbos just older than 87 :(

Guest kenafein240

Not all of the 300zx 87+ Turbos had the LSD option did they? I think it's still a crapshoot even if you do find the right year, right? If they all had it, I feel a little more optimistic.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a Precision Gear LSD for an R200 from Reider Racing. It was $550 for a 12mm R200. I will install it in the '85 300ZX turbo 12mm r200 I have. It took from September of last year for them to get it... Maybe they have more, or maybe your luck is better than mine! The Nissan, NISMO, and Precision, as well as Cal-Mini diffs are all made by Tokigi-Fuji. The advantage to NISMO is they have them in stock AND they have them for 10mm or 12mm bolts, so no bushings required.

• 1 year later...

Well,

After a lot of research, heart-ache, purchase of two incorrectly identified diffs and two months of concentrated searching, out of frustration I've finally dropped the dough on a Quaife assembly for my 12mm 3.9 R200.

It was $1,299.00 + $15 S&H delivered from Bildon Motorsport in PA. Although they specialize in VW's they carry the full line of Quaife assemblies.

http://www.bildon.com/catalog/drivetrain/

This was the cheapest place I could find. Virtually everyone else was selling them at full retail $1495, so the $200 I saved will pay for the rebuild/refresh on my R200.

This should handle anything I can throw at it.

Even though I've blown the budget straight to hell, after reading all the reviews, suggestions and desires from the forums of everyone that wanted a Quaife but had to settle for the clutch LSD due to financial constraints, it convinced me that since I'm FINALLY in a place in my life where I actually DO have the money, it was worth it. Does it increase the value of the car by $1500? I doubt it, but it's an enthusiasts ride for enthusiasts!

And I'm comfortable that I can use this without fear of breaking it or wearing out clutch disks (not likely I know) but the psychology is as important as the reality! ;)

Cheers,

WW