HybridZ

What real difference will new bushings make???

new rubber bushings will make your car do things you never thought possible, as well as silence a lot of clunks and weird noises from yoru suspension. urethane is even better, that stuff will last longer than the car.

i would say if you are going urethane, you better do teh whole car in it, mismatched bushing materials will wear out the weaker rubber ones, especially if they are old. biggest difference i felt was doing the steerign coupler with solid plastic, and mustache bar bushings, along with a nissan diff mount and g machine rear control arm bushings, rides good............................

After I replace all my bushings on my 280ZX, I could notice right away that my car's steering response was much quicker and it didnt "shake" any more at higher speeds(through the steering wheel). Of course I did all my suspension at the same time(struts, springs, busings, sway bars) so that could be why everything felt sooooo much better! :D

Guy

Yeah I just sorta finished up installing the hyper bushing kit on my 280. The steering rack bushings did not fit! Even after I hack sawed one almost in half I still couldn't get it wedged in the groove. I have my old worn out rubber ones in there right now. You are corect the kit does not come with the front sway bar bushings.

Everything else was pretty easy but take notice now before you get the kit and ask. The bushings for the steering arm to crossmember will have to be pressed out unless you can get them out yourself. Only cost me $8 dollars to get the metal shell pressed out. The new bushings will not fit unless you do this.