HybridZ

Best sounding blow off valve??

Guest 1SickZ

Don't know about best sounding but a guy in a 2nd gen Eclipse came down my street today, gunned it, lifted and made a huge noise with his blow off. Greddy? If I can get him to stop, I'll ask. Maybe it's one of those electric fake blow-off valves. :roll:

You don't think my Eclipse GSX in the driveway and the garage door up with me laying under the fat-tired Z on jack stands made him do that do you?

I thought his buddy in the 5.0 mustang with offroad exhaust had a much nicer sounding car. I won't tell the Eclipse guy that though :).

Guest ON3GO

well ive heard them all pretty much.

i love the TurboXS RFL... it sounds so sweet and its never really the same sound over and over. always sounds different.

the HKS SS is really nice also.

i dont like the Greddy type S that much.

the blitz one is really nice, has a really nice woossh sound to it.

tial is ok, not the best sounding one i heard.

apexi i didnt like, and the sard one was ok.

TurboXS RFL all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

i dont know about sound, but the one i like on a stock l28et system is that hks ssqv, since it has that tight pull system, you can use it on the stock efi and not stall with an open venting bov, i mean you can use any of the others, but i like how the hks is set up.

What about the first generation Eclipse/Talon BOV?

I don't know if it flows enough for what you guys are doing, but the thing I like about it is, when recirculated like it is stock on the DSM, it's QUIET.

If it's not big enough, could you do two in parallel. I'm a neophyte here.

Stealth matters :) Walk softly (and quietly) and carry a big stick!

What about the first generation Eclipse/Talon BOV?

I don't know if it flows enough for what you guys are doing' date=' but the thing I like about it is, when recirculated like it is stock on the DSM, it's QUIET.

If it's not big enough, could you do two in parallel. I'm a neophyte here.

Stealth matters :) Walk softly (and quietly) and carry a big stick![/quote']

:cheers: I was just about to mention my 1G DSM valve!! I recirculated it into my intake (after the MAF sensor), and that sucker is QUIET!!! Best sound I've ever heard from a BOV. ;) Just a little subdued whoosh on a gear change, I doubt anyone can heard it over the growl of the engine :D

I scored an HKS racing one for 78 bucks shipped off ebay. :-D

Time for a new pipe.

That sounds like a good deal - they usually go for at least $100-$125. I'd be interested to hear how well it does. I'm running the 1G DSM right now, but I may soon push it past it's boost holding point, supposedly around 18psi. I have a HK$ racing unit that I recently rebuilt, it has a "blue" spring, but I've heard they don't hold boost too well. Not sure if I should keep it because I may soon need it, or if I should sell it on eBay...

I had one before, they work great. They are big though.

Clark at JWT likes them becuase you can put a light spring in them and use them to pull air from in front of the turbo to the T/B without having to go all thru the intercooler plumbing at vacuum. I forget what he calls it, but 300ZXTT's have them. I guess since the surface area is so large on the diaphram of that valve it works good.

Supposed to make your car alot more responsive.

Man I like it when I get a good deal on ebay. :D

I had one before' date=' they work great. They are big though.

Clark at JWT likes them becuase you can put a light spring in them and use them to pull air from in front of the turbo to the T/B without having to go all thru the intercooler plumbing at vacuum. I forget what he calls it, but 300ZXTT's have them. I guess since the surface area is so large on the diaphram of that valve it works good.

Supposed to make your car alot more responsive.

Man I like it when I get a good deal on ebay. :D[/quote']

Interesting.....

i got a blitz and i love it i scared some ladies with it one day when i went by it is loud too depending on your boost and i vent mine to the atmosphere and i have the stock zxt efi, no probs with stalling it runs great with it.I only heard the turbo xs rfl on bbz's car but only in the vid so i couldn't really tell you any thing but what mine sounds like. :D

Guest ZmeFly

it blows out into the atmosphere as well. hehe i found actually a very nice mustang owner, we were playing a little going down the road. he was like i didnt even know that was a turbo till i heard you shift and WOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH!!

hehe kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside :wink:

I like the HKS SS. I don't like it to loud. I have the Blitz and it's loud. I have my boost set to only 11psi and my friend who was ridding in a Durango sitting in the back seat, heard my blow off when I past him up shifting to 5th gear. I didn't shift into 5th until I was 1 car lenght ahead of the durango. Oh... he can still hear the turbo a car length ahead :D

Guest ON3GO

well my friend has the TurboXS RFL on his wrx.... but the sound so much better on a bigger motor then a 4cyl.. even though his sounds mean and loud as hell.

its made great to, but you have to clean it alot more then the other ive been told..

mike