HybridZ

Im buying all my suspension right now.. help me pick stuff!!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

hey guys... im in need for some help.

im about to order all my suspension and brake parts right now but im lost on some stuff to buy.

Mikelly never replyed to my question on here before so im not sure about his products and what to buy..

the car needs brakes and suspension work bad. (my rear end need even more help)

plus its a good starting point..

i want coilovers, new shocks, struts, bushings, and whatever else i need to replace.

can somebody please help me out cuz ill order tonight.

im on a budget so a 2 grand + suspension would be steep.

can anybody help me out with links to some parts i need.

also whats a good spring rate for coilovers on a car that will be used as a street car that will be used for street racing and some road racing... gotta handle great.

im just lost on what to buy..

i loved the AZC coilovers but it seems that all there parts just add up to be way to much money.

thanks

mike

Don't forget Ross Corrigan at Modern Motorsports

and/or Mike Gibson at fonebooth.com

Both of those guys can hook you up with everything you need.

I bought my coilover setup from Dave Turner Motorsports in Cali. They suggested 200# springs front and rear with Tokico Illuminas for a good combination for street and track.

I bought my Outlaw brake upgrades/5 lug conversion from Mike Gibson and I am planning on a purchase from Ross soon.

hey guys... im in need for some help.

i want coilovers' date=' new shocks, struts, bushings, and whatever else i need to replace.

mike[/quote']

Mike, I've got all you note above on my webshop at the URL noted below. Just sign in, and shop away if desired. For a nice handling street setup with OEM L series or even a modified engine a 175/200 f/r 10" setup will work well. If your rear torque is a lot higher than stock then you may want to step to 225 for the rears but 175/200 will give you reasonable comfort and fine handling with refreshed bushings and good struts (Tokico Performance would suit your budget).

I don't have any rebuilt rear calipers on hand but you could source those easily enough for the rear disk CNC system, and for the fronts a 4x4 vented typical system will meet your street needs and budget. Those calipers you can easily source locally as well, I do have the caliper hardware (brake pad springs/anti rattle etc) now avialable, just not noted on my package yet so just inquire if interested.

I'd suggest:

Coilovers, 175/200, 10"

Tokico Performers

Rear CNC setup

Front 4x4 vented.

240Z master bushing setup.

and if that's over your budget you have a few options, you can delete the rotors from my package and possibly by cheap local lower grade rotors if necessary, but I'd prefer you leave your front brakes OEM for now, just get KVR front pads meantime and then get a front brake package when you can afford one. Money spent on high quality parts once will pay you back nicely over the long term.

Any and all q's , email me at sales@modern-motorsports.com

Take care,

Guest ON3GO

hey thanks for the reply.

i plan on buying your coilovers in a 225/250 rate in a 8in spring as im going to be running wider the 8in rims in the back.

I'll be buying a whole rear disk swap with silvia calipers and such so ill be also buying your brackets.

my car is a 280Z so ill be looking into the bushings.

not sure on front brakes yet, but ill be going to the junk yards tomorrow to look around.

also i really want to lower my Z so i was told about sectioned stuts and shocks..... but there not out yet i was told.. when will they be out? and how much?

Thanks

mike

also i really want to lower my Z so i was told about sectioned stuts and shocks..... but there not out yet i was told.. when will they be out? and how much?

mike

Shorter Z inserts have been available and shipping, I'm just not good at updating my webshop with working on emails/orders/R&D the webshop falls a bit behind on updates. Inserts that work with sectioning are same price as the other same brand units (ie. $75 or $130 depending on Tokico type). Koni race inserts I don't have pricing handy but email me if interested. Just email me to take care of that transaction.

Please email me personally for q's on my items, I can't check in here regularly so may not get to your request at all or as quickly as I would if you email me.

Thanks,

Mike, I must have missed your post... Your best bet is to e-mail me offline at Dat74z@yahoo.com if you need something... As for being sure of the parts or not... Ask those who have them... There are about 40 members here who can atest to the front suspension's worthy capabilities. There are also a number of folks who were at the AutoX school who can atest to their performance at the latest MSA outting.

Mike Kelly :D

Guest ON3GO

anybody sell stainless steel brake lines, or do i really not need that right now?

also who sells sway bars besideds AZC?

Thanks

mike

I have ground control coilovers on my 240 in a 225/250 rates. I love em! they can be a little harsh over certain inner city streets, but otherwise i have no complaints on those rates.

i bought mine from ground control for 399.

i bought my stainless brake and clutch lines from MSA for 60.

bought my inserts from msa as well. they are KYBs (unfortunatly, my budget was running a bit lean, so i opted for the KYB inserts, next year i will by sectioning the struts for illumina 5-ways.) 170.

bought my energy suspension master kit from suspension.com 157.

im using toyota brakes up front for now, but as soon as the car gets back from the paint shop..i will be upgrading to the JSK brake package up front. toyota brakes 130.

i also bought my sway bars from MSA..i think they were around 250

thats 1166$ not including shipping.

damn, ive never added that up before, now im kinda upset! but the Z handles great!.... :oops:

anywho, thats a nice setup for the street/occasional autoX.