HybridZ

Best bang for you buck under $5k?

Guest FearNothing

Guest FearNothing

I'm looking for a streetable, somewhat reliable car that can be in the 11-12 second 1/4 mile range. I have been looking on this site for months but have never posted. I'm open to any type of car as long as its fast. If you have any ideas let me know, and yes I know I can build a HybridZ like that for under $5k but Z cars aren't exactly cheap around here, and the ones that are you can put you finger through by pushing on it. I'm not sure I really have the patience to build a Z anyway...Also, if anyone has something like that they'd want to sell me thats around the South FL area drop me an e-mail or post it here. You can reach me at fearnothing420@hotmail.com Thanks :D

Guest Your Car is Slow

People build 9sec foxbody mustangs for less than 10k...id imagine you could make one run 11s for 5 grand :)

Things are a dime a dozen :)

fox body mustang 5.0 would be the best deal. gears, pulleys, exhaust, intake, maf, nitrous and good tires will net you 11-12 sec. territory.

you could also get a crotch rocket :) 600cc bike for 5k will get you in 11s stock :)

Guest Your Car is Slow

heh..not all 600s run 11s.

Even the ones that are capable of 10s will never reach that mark due to lack of skills posessed by the rider.

Guest FearNothing

I'm not exactly the type of person that should own a bike...if I got one, I don't know if I'd last a week on it. Fox body sounds like the best deal, not exactly great looking but I'd consider one if the price was right, I have to keep checking autotrader.

Fox bodies are easy to make light too. I think they look nice, the front ends suck for aero but thats Ford for you. I saw a carburated one here go for $850, you should find one in great shape for well under 5k no doubt. I believe one of thier main issues is axle strength but that may only be in road racing applications.

Guest Your Car is Slow

This one is for sale here in Jax. Owned by a local cop buddy of mine. Probably the cleanest 93 mustang ive ever seen...and a REALLY good sleeper :)

blacklx2.jpg

1993 Black 5.0 Coupe 5 spd.

Mileage: approx. 92K

Mods:

TFS Heads, Cobra Intake, 65 mm throttle body, 73 mm mass air, 24 lb. injectors, 1.6 roller rockers, B303 Cam, 3.55 gears, BBK longtube headers, 2 chamber flowmasters, nitrous

Best time: 11.48@119mph w/ 1.66 60ft.

Car is very clean and looks better than the pictures show.

Asking $7,500

If interested call Cameron at: 535-1478.

Guest FearNothing

what about a 280zx turbo...i saw a while back that somebody made a post that they had a 280zx turbo for sale that ran 11s for like $4500 and saw one in the bargain trader here for $600 today...

Well, If you aren't affraid to travel, and not affraid to turn a wrench or two, I know of a 1987 Mustang that has about $8000 in suspension and brake mods done to it, including a 6 point cage, BAER A Sedan brakes, 16X8 aluminum wheels, Grigs Torque arm, Koni Yellow struts, Eibach Springs, Kmember is done, rear control arms are all aftermarket boxed stuff, Subframes, New Cervini hood. Car is black with Ttops and the hood is white. Has a Salleen Wing out back and full working A/C and Alpine Stereo... 3.55 gears with Possi. The catch, He sold the motor and trans. This car has LIKE NEW PAINT and NO RUST OR BODY DAMAGE...

$4000... I'm told he might drop it a few hundred... But just on the parts list alone, that car is SWEET!

Mike :D