HybridZ

Evil Thought!!

Phantom

Came up alongside a '94 Indy Pacecar Mustang Cobra convertible this morning on the way to work. Compared to my stock NA '83Zx there was no comparison and the smirk on his face when he jumped out in front of me told me he knew it too. Enter the evil thought. The next time I see him, and there will be a next time, I'll be driving my red '77 280Z with the LS1 / T56 combo. Plan is to come along side in third and nail it. I figure the screeching tires and fishtailing car alongside him should be enough to require a change in clothing. Man, am I looking forward to next week!!

Thanks man.....it's the stories about spanking other muscle cars that keeps me going.

This bodywork is kicking my a$$......but I am finishing off the last of the major bodywork/repairs...so almost done!!

I'll have the entire car in primer this weekend (maybe even today!), it's 93.1% in primer now :D . Then it's blocking the entire car, fixing any little problems here and there, then off to the paint booth (my neighbour works at a bodyshop, so paint job for materials $$$ only!! :D:D ).

Then just put everything back together!! I figure 2 more months!!

I'm not updating my website or posting anymore pictures until it's done now!!

Tim

Well, it's going to start tomorrow. Family is going out to dinner after church and then oldest son and I am heading to Dallas to bring the beastie home. First thing I'm going to get done is to have him run an even 60 mph so I can check speedometer calibration. I' don't need to be getting a ticket due to a calibration error in the speedo. After that I'll be in the "hunt" mode.

Spent about 1.5 hours this afternoon calibrating the speedo - black box takes an input from the T56 and then tells the motor that drives my mechanical speedo cable whta speed to go. At this point I'm running with about a 5% error. Car is going 57 when speedo says 60.

ANYWAY - brought the car home today. On the way wasted a Prelude, RX7, Mustang GT and Firebird. Now it begins in earnest.

Jim,

This car is really quick and reasonably subdued audibly at idle or normal cruise. When the throttle gets stabbed though the whole world changes. The ears are suddenly assaulted with the scream of the V-8 winding up, the back is smooshed into the seatback and the mouth wraps a grin that runs all the way from one ear to the other. Simultaneously the folks in the cars next to me return home for clothing changes.

This is definitley going to be fun!

Weather has been crappy the past couple days so no way to play. Got a couple Fbody guys pretty excited but couldn't oblige them due to other priorities of the moment - like turning in to get my inspection sticker! Still haven't seen the Cobra guy but I'm looking. Even the strip between the nursing home my mother is in and my house came up empty for toys last night. I'm actually having to behave myself because opportunity to misbehave isn't knocking.

Not for a while guys. I need to have a better feel for the car and I want to get it back though John's shop to redo the headers, fix the T56, and make sure the back end of the car is holding together before I nail it at the strip.