HybridZ

I'm up and running again

240Z Turbo

As you may know I blew up my intercooler and toasted my tranny 2 weeks back racing in Reynolds. Well, I chopped off the tanks and welded on new ones. The big kicker is I rebuilt the Jatco 4-speed auto myself. Was not too difficult, just wish I had a larger work area. I installed my new Kevlar bands for 2nd gear and OD. Drove it around tonight and after about 30minutes I got on it. Spins the nitto's on the street and hits 2nd gear pretty hard. Anyway, just excited to be driving again. My next focus will be swapping in a C4 tranny.

Yes, going the c4 route. it weighs cosiderably less. I just did not want to run into packaging issues as I don't feel like doing any more mods to the chasis. I am machining a template so that I can transfer over the new boltpattern to the Jatco bellhousing. It also requires me to machine a 1/16" ring to help center the bellhousing about the pump. It will use stock 280zxt flexplate and converter front cover. The pump side of the converter will be for the C4 with the correct height. The Jatco bellhousing is about 1/2" thicker so it should not create any issues for getting the converter made.